Best game bags for boned out meat?

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Alaska game bags for back country. For deer hunting locally, I just used old cotton pillow cases. Bleach/wash and reuse.

Gone4Days

WKR
I bought the Argali bags earlier this year and have been impressed. I haven’t hauled meat yet, but the quality is top notch.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I wanted some that breathed well, zipped shut, and had built in loops strong enough for hanging for many days or up to a week plus.

Not sure if they still make them but Rapid Rifle Covers made some of my favorite game bags that checked my boxes.

Firestone

WKR
I have used the same set of black ovis bags for proabaly close to ten animals now (deer and elk). There are a couple small holes in them but I have been happy for the most part. And I have yet to have flys blow through them like I have with other bags

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
Alaskan game bags are hard to beat for the price! But I found some tag bags in Alaska and they have proven to be the best I have ever used. Clean up like new and are super light weight and tough.

I like my caribou bags I received as a gift. The Black Ovis bags my buddy runs are pretty comparable and a lot cheaper if you watch camofire. Used Alaskan and Argali too... Personally don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Prob obvious but worth saying... Meat care and speed to getting them in the whatever bag you have is just as important if not more so than the bag brand IMO.

Depends on the temps. I know guys who use nylons to help cool the meat...others putting the meat in dry bags so it doesn't freeze.

JNDEER

WKR
Kuiu boned out meat bags!

Attachments

• 7FC0691F-9DF6-4FDE-9D52-1D4CA10C345C.jpeg
    7FC0691F-9DF6-4FDE-9D52-1D4CA10C345C.jpeg
    777.7 KB · Views: 46

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
When we lived in Alaska bought all my meat bags at the local thrift store. In their first life they were called pillow cases. Just washed them and sewed a lip on the open end and threaded a piece of parachute cord inside.
Most of the time I paid $.25 to $.50 cents for each

BDWMT

FNG
TAG bags for over a decade. Durable, clean up easy and last forever. Great range of sizes to choose from depending on the game species and quartering/boning choice made in the field.

For boned out meat I had my wife make me a few tubular bags, don’t recall exact dimensions but about 8” wide and 24-30” tall out of silnylon. When they’re packed full they are fairly firm and hold their shape so that you can put them in a pack and not get the meat blob that’s so hard to strap down.

Once in camp transfer the meat to a breathable bag- have used pillow cases, cheap game bags, heavy duty cotton game bags, and a set of the lightweight nylon bags, they all work.

Holocene

WKR
Like the Argali bags a lot. Good build quality, they wash up nice, and they do what they are supposed to.

Any of the tight weave synthetic bags out there are a good choice.

The old Alaska bags or anything where the weave can stretch and let in dirt/fly eggs/etc. are not my cup of tea.

After using a Caribou muley set for the last five years and putting hundreds of animals in them, and having some Argali bags for the last nine months and putting a couple of dozen animals in them, I prefer the Caribou bags. Having said that, if all I had were the Argali bags I'd be perfectly happy to use them forever.