Best Glassing Puffy

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a big fan of the Kryptek Lykos II or the Ghar. The Lykos is hooded, where as the Ghar is not.

LightFoot

WKR
FL Chamberlain!
2a3c9d1d59aa0018f7feecafbf2ad295.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'll agree the Kelvin WS down puffy is amazing...really shines when the wind gets going. What's it have , 5.5 oz of 850? Not sure.

Probably not on par with feathered friends , western mountaineering, goose foot, etc tho. They have several levels above the Kelvin. I didn't pay full price for the sitka and for that money I'd look at some of the above boutique options.

Yea I’m sure theres some higher quality down insulation inside of those garments. Hard to beat the added protection and security of the WS shell for me. It blocks a respectable amount of precipitation, and the wind blocking aspect adds more warmth than a higher quality down insulation IMO. Its also more durable outer shell, but than could be almost irrelevant depending on the use situation. With that said, it definitely comes with a weight penalty if thats your jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are missing the best glassing puffy jackets, which are from non-hunting brands. Tons of threads on them here if you do a search.

OP, you should Google “best belay jackets.” The granola types really nitpick in their reviews. Essentially you’re looking for a belay jacket but you don’t need the hood to fit a helmet.