Best gloves for super wet and cold

Just came off the mountain with the last half of my elk last night. The past few days it's been super wet. Basically Vietnam in Montana with a mix of Vancouver Island.
I'm looking for a really good glove that can handle super wet conditions. I like Sitka but even a mountaineering brand will do.

I had a pair of Cabelas gloves. They are in the dumpster right now.

I see Cabelas has Sitka Cold Fronts. But the reviews don't look too good.

Whats a good glove my local backpacking store might have? It's supposed to dry out next week but I'll still need to take something back up with me tomorrow.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Following this one. I have been looking for something a level above my OR soft shell gloves. I am dogged by the fact that I have big hands so usually need a xxl glove.

Tradlife, I have had good luck with a set of northface hyvent gloves. They have lasted a few years of occasional use. Can’t recall the model but they were about $80 at REI. If you need something in a hurry I suggest checking out the local ski shops. They are going to have the deepest selection this time of year.

Are you just shooting a rifle with them?
Neoprene gloves work nice running a jet sled on the river in the torrential fall weather. Amazon has them last I checked.

Phaseolus

WKR
I know it is not a glove but I have a pair of Montana made Borah Gear waterproof shell mittens to go over my gloves when it is really wet. They weigh about 3.5 ounces and roll up to a very small size and are always in my pack now.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am running the new Stormfront GTX Glove this year and like it so fare. I took out the insolated inside and ran it for raining scouting days and now that fall is coming in put the insolation back in and can run it the rest of the year for all my hunts.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
My hands get cold. So I have bought and tried a couple dozen brands of gloves. For really cold and wet conditions, I use Outdoor Research mittens. If gloves are critical and it’s really cold and wet, I wear either Hestra gloves with Outdry or Black Diamond Guide Gloves. If it’s moderately cold but wet and I am going to be around a lot of rocks or abuse the gloves, I use Kryptek Gyes gloves.

First Lite Grizzly, Kryptek Briareos and the Sitka Stormfront all look good but I haven’t tried them. I have tried many, many brands and models of other gloves and have not impressed for cold and wet except the above.

welpro222

WKR
Holy shit balls, $199 for a pair of gloves? We hunters now have lost the right to complain about how much the wives spend on purses and shoes.

Not making fun of 1 shot gear as these guys are awesome.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider

I used these atlas 460 vinyl gloves when I need waterproof gloves. I have used them mainly for waterfowl hunting but they came in clutch a few times big game hunting, they are 100% waterproof and very warm. Any fabric type of glove will fail eventually.

For less $12.50, its a no brainer

I use the mt baker mitt from outdoor research. I am in Washington on the wet side and they have worked well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 121080

I used these atlas 460 vinyl gloves when I need waterproof gloves. I have used them mainly for waterfowl hunting but they came in clutch a few times big game hunting, they are 100% waterproof and very warm. Any fabric type of glove will fail eventually.

For less $12.50, its a no brainer
Yeap them showa atlas are good.