Best guided moose hunt?

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I personally would focus on Alaska today vs Canada.
Especially if you want to bring all the meat home. I can't fathom going to Canada, dropping $30-40K and shooting a bull just to put a head on the wall and maybe bringing back 50# of meat.....many people do. Yeah the meat gets eaten, but I want all of that meat!

What is the cost of a solid guided moose (only) hunt in AK, YK or NWT now?

The average rate for fully-guided moose (only) in Alaska, across the board, is about $24K. Low end is about $18K and high end is right around $32K. Some include air charter in their pricing, some don't.

+$1k (almost) license and tag.
+$? for incidentals: hotel, car rental, gratuities.
+$variable for commercial flights & baggage.
I tell friends to add about $4K to the transporter cost for a moose trip from lower 48. Most come in closer to $5k.
$1K for license and tags
$1-1.5k for commercial flights
$900 AK Trophy Express - edit: add $300 here if shipping from village and and paying for cold storage
$1k potential gear upgrades, misc meals, and tips (more if guided)

Is Joe still doing moose hunts? I thought he bought a fishing lodge on Beluga Lake and dropped the moose hunts.

Jeremy
I hadn't heard that. I know he already had a camp on Beluga lake, and to my knowledge there was no lodge there last time I was out that way. I'll reach out to a buddy of mine that has guided for him and see if he is still doing moose hunts.