Best holster for backcountry with backpack/ bino harness

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
Title says it all....Im carrying Glock 10mm....looking for a tactical right leg holster. Any recommendations. EVO backpack/ Marsupial binoharness….one more item on my chest aint gonna work...

PredatorX

WKR
Ha I hear you loud and clear on holster struggles. I should look into leg holsters also. Right now just keep my 20 with light on my kifaru belt which isn't ideal.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've found the Razco holster to be very comfortable in conjunction w/ a bino harness and pack, also very handy to access

3TipFxO.jpg

SSlsPfF.jpg

mmac

WKR
I use a Gunfighters Kenai Chest and just let it sit behind my bino pack. It is comfortable and doesn't get in the way.

I couldn’t make myself add another item to my chest so I went with a Gunfighters Inc Ronin OWB with a drop thigh setup. It sits a couple inches below my pack belt making it easily accessible and always on my body. It did very well on a five day hunt in AZ. I carry a full size SA 10mm w/red dot and mounted light. I didn’t put in tons of walking but it worked fine for what I did do. You need a very stiff belt to support it though. Comfortable enough. BUT, I can’t recommend Gunfighters at the moment. They did a pretty poor job fitting the Kydex to my firearm and I have not been able to get a response from them to send it in and have it tweaked. The front sight and mounted light are leaving a significant gouge inside the holster leaving lots of Kydex shavings in the holster. Wear on the gun is expedited too. All holsters will eventually wear at your gun if you draw from it enough. But this one removed the finish completely after just 15-20 draws.

I’ll add, a Hill People Gear Recon chest bag is not a bad option. I have this also and with their molle compatible bino case attached it is a very good setup. I have the gun in the rear compartment with bino pouch and range finder attached to the front. There is room in the Recon bag (separate compartment from the gun) for a few additional items too. Cons are the harness straps come lose (fixable), it is a bit warm, not lightweight, and accessing the gun is not as fast as a holster (but fairly quick with some practice). The standard bino holder is an odd shape and maybe not a good fit for many binos? I went with the large which is to big even for my 12x50’s but it works well enough. I keep my lens cleaning kit and rain pouch in it too.