Best Horse I've Ever Owned

Edit: I have had this horse ever since he was two, he was a handful in his younger days but just about anyone can get along with him now. He's gone thousands of miles in the backcountry and still has a bunch more in him. I've always called him my good luck charm because he is always in on the kills and epic hunts. It's going to be tough to let him go but it's time someone else gets to enjoy him. If your not looking for a great horse the video is wroth the ten minutes lots of hunting pictures and even grizzlies. Sound, Safe, and Sane

Last edited:

mcseal2

WKR
Looks like someone is going to get an awful nice horse. Lots of people want to buy a young horse cheap that would be so much better off buying one like that. Good horses might cost a lot up front, but they all cost the same to shoe, feed, doctor, and everything else after that initial price. Just as well be putting that money in a good one!

Why do you sell a horse that is this dialed in? Approximately how much does a horse like this sell for?

OP
wymtnpounder
Why do you sell a horse that is this dialed in? Approximately how much does a horse like this sell for?
A couple years ago I decided I wanted to sell one or two EXCEPTIONAL animals a year as part of my side hustle "NOT BE A HORSE TRADER". I spend a lot of time horse back and figured I might as well get paid extra for it. It is hard to put all the time, effort and attachment into them only to send them down the road. The horse we sold last year went to a really great home and that was very satisfying. Rico will sell at auction so it's hard to say how much he'll bring.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
Nice video. A been there done that type of horse. How old is he? I've usually used saddle panniers, but how do you like packing out those hindquarters without using panniers? You leave enough skin from the flank area and cut a hole and place in over the saddle horn or do you use some twine? Looks like that be quick way to load up with grizz around.

OP
wymtnpounder
Nice video. A been there done that type of horse. How old is he? I've usually used saddle panniers, but how do you like packing out those hindquarters without using panniers? You leave enough skin from the flank area and cut a hole and place in over the saddle horn or do you use some twine? Looks like that be quick way to load up with grizz around.
Thanks he'll be 15 this spring. I usually leave enough hide and cut a hole for the saddle horn, but if too much hide is taken off twine works too.

WyoBC_99

FNG
It looks like you've got a great horse there. Someone smart enough to buy a well-trained, well-traveled horse like that is going to save themselves a lot of headache!