Best Hot Weather Clothing

B.Hill

FNG
I live in central Australia where it gets bloody hot! it was 122 degrees for nearly 3 weeks straight last summer, i use firstlite gear and haven't had a problem, i use the obsidian pants, Wick top or wilkin, all of these are merino and are awesome, the dry super quick and breathe really well.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I used the wrangler outdoor pants this summer while working in Savannah Georgia. Most of our work was indoor but we still had to unload trucks and shit outside in the sun. I had them the Eddie Bauer guide pants and la police gear operator pants( same material I think as bdu pants and some 5.11 tactical pants). The wranglers were the best I had grey and coyote brown followed by the eb guides in black( but even inside they did y breath as well) with the la police pants in brown last. All were better then blue jeans in my opinion and for the money if I destroy the wranglers it’s no biggie. You can get 4 pairs for the price of the Kuiu tiburons. With that being said I still want a pair of tiburon pants for summer ( I wonder if ticks can get through the little holes) and hopefully I’ll let go of some money and get them.

im sorry I can’t be more help but I figured this would help if not you then someone else.
A co-worker was sporting these the other day. Said he got them for $20. He's spoke well of them and he lives hunting since he could walk.
If we're talking value (quality/price) this looks tough to beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I run very hot when hiking and also run the Lowa Tibets, plus this year had probably 20 field days over 90 degrees and 10 over 100. I tested a lot of shirts and a few pants, to manage such heat, with very clear winners.

For me, running as hot as I do, the merino or merino blends were simply too hot regardless of weight. I fell in love with the ultralight, Outdoor Research Echo Shirts and Kuiu Tiburon Pants

TOPS:
Outdoor Research Echo shirts

I run LS half zip for sun and tick prevention
Permethrin treatment for ticks was a game changer
Super light shirt and held up pretty darn well even in some rough burn areas
(small tears will happen though so have to be careful)
Good price
Tan color which is nice in dry grassy hillsides I'm often in.

Marmot and ArcTeryx LS shirts were good and light, but not as light and airy as the OR.

BOTTOMS:
KUIU Tiburon

lets even slightest breeze through fabric for cooling and side zips are a must for all my pants now
unbelievably strong and durable for so thin

KUIU Kutana - like them but not as cool as the Tiburons. I'll wear them if extended cool and windy conditions at sunrise/sunset, but most of the late summer hunts I do have lows in upper 50's/low 60's so Tiburons were perfect.

Cheers!

Last edited:

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I am curious to see what those who hunt in hot weather think. I would love to find tops and bottoms that are better for hot weather. I have hunts in the summer where is it 90+ degrees and I am hiking rough terrain and rarely sitting still. I am restricted to my Lowa Tibets on boots because I need the ankle support for rocks and steep stuff.

Last summer I used 2 Sitka tops that are the core light weight long sleeve hoody. On bottom I use Sitka mountain pant...I know the pants are not lightweight and I think I may be able to find a lighter pant that is somewhat brush resistant. On the tops: they are thin and dry quick, but not super breathable. They are not the newest sitka model of the shirt.

I am open to any gear other than UA.

What is out there that is really breathable....and pants that have some brush resistance and won't end up looking like swiss cheese on day 1.

Sitka core lightweight hoody and the ascent pants are the best for hot weather. I love the face mask on the hoody comes in handy to protect from wind or the sun. The Kuiu Tiburon line is comparable both the shirt and pants, I did not notice a huge difference. Possibly the tiburon might breathe a bit better because of the dot air fabric.

I run the Kuiu Kutana pants primarily for most of my early season elk and deer hunts. They are a nice blend of lightness, breathability, and durability. For antelope I sometimes will use my old Cabela's Microtex pants.

Prana stretch Zion are not a good pant for warm weather active hunts. They run warm and aren’t super breathable. Check out the outdoor research ferrosi and the Arc’teryx gamma LT or similar pats in the 7-11 oz range. The main thing is for more Breathability/less weight you are sacrificing durability.
I second this. I have sitka firstlite Cabelas and scheels pants and by far and away the best pant I’ve ever used are my Arc Teryx Gammas. They are super lightweight and very minimalistic, they don’t have 15 pockets everywhere that get in the way. I have found them to be super comfortable in any conditions. I can wear them at night in my sleeping bag and because they use an internal pull tight belt they don’t get in the way of my packs hip belt or rub in any way. The front pockets zip which is nice so I don’t lose calls, bow release, phone etc.

I have used these one pair of pants since 2017 doing quail research in 110 degrees in texas, all sorts of deer and pheasant hunting down to -10 degrees, hundreds of miles running, and even used them for work. They are breathable in hot weather and wind proof for cold weather. I’ve also found durability to be extremely good. I only have a couple small holes in mine from thorns which is a given considering the amount of thorns we walk through on some deer drives. I plan on buying 2-3 more pairs since I almost never use my sitka or first lite pants.

im still using kuiu tiburons for bottoms and sitka core lw hoody or kuiu gila for tops. FL aerowool merino blend also good option if you need extended odor resistance but if it's 90+ and I'm only day hunting i prefer synthetics. If its really hot I sometimes wear columbia silver ridge cargo camo shorts

LightFoot

WKR
Like others, I use the Kuiu Tiburon shirt and pants. Love them. However, I also tend to use a long sleeve hooded Kuiu merino. The merino does not hold a smell, is cooling (especially with a breeze), and the hood helps prevent sunburn. I tried the Kuiu hola but hated it because it was sticky, did not breathe, and stunk… maybe that was just me.

Summary: Kuiu Tiburon top and bottom, Kuiu Merino Hoodie.

>>>——JAKE——>

yfarm

WKR
This fall hunted in shorts and Rocky lace up snake boots. The boots are light compared with my normal snake boots and feel like running shoes when wearing. Had a little patch of unprotected skin at the knees but went thru Huisache bushes without issue. Spray the boots with permethrin and no tick issues. Hunted in 95-100 temps, still sweated but more comfortable than in the past.

Last edited:

CC55

FNG
I like the first lite wick on top and OR Ferrosi combo. There are some good sun shirt options out there that I've used fishing as well. OR echo does well and hood is nice to keep your neck from baking and bugs off a bit.