Best Hot Weather Clothing

npm352

WKR
I am curious to see what those who hunt in hot weather think. I would love to find tops and bottoms that are better for hot weather. I have hunts in the summer where is it 90+ degrees and I am hiking rough terrain and rarely sitting still. I am restricted to my Lowa Tibets on boots because I need the ankle support for rocks and steep stuff.

Last summer I used 2 Sitka tops that are the core light weight long sleeve hoody. On bottom I use Sitka mountain pant...I know the pants are not lightweight and I think I may be able to find a lighter pant that is somewhat brush resistant. On the tops: they are thin and dry quick, but not super breathable. They are not the newest sitka model of the shirt.

I am open to any gear other than UA.

What is out there that is really breathable....and pants that have some brush resistance and won't end up looking like swiss cheese on day 1.

prana zions and the first lite wick shirts.

I live in SC where it is 90+ degrees 9 months out of the year and that is what I have managed with.

Chuck44

FNG
I don't think you will find any pants that breathe as well as the KUIU Tiburons. Not only are they very lightweight with hip vents, but they also have small holes manufactured in to the fabric in a grid pattern that help it breathe even more.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
I am a fan of Prana Stretch Zion pants, super breathable and durable. I have 100+ miles on them and they look great apart from a small snag of two. For hot weather top, I have been using the Sitka Ascent shirt and really like it

ohoopee

WKR
Tiburon's with side zips. Sitka core lite top is as cool as any top I have
found for hot humid. Hot dry weather I would go with cotton top. I
have been looking for the perfect shirt for many years.

Prana stretch Zion are not a good pant for warm weather active hunts. They run warm and aren’t super breathable. Check out the outdoor research ferrosi and the Arc’teryx gamma LT or similar pats in the 7-11 oz range. The main thing is for more Breathability/less weight you are sacrificing durability.

Kostrize

WKR
As others have said, the Kuiu Tiburons are probably the best for the heat. The Sitka Ascents look great too but don’t have the side zips. They seem like they’d be more brush resistant but I know the Tiburons are surprisingly tough

For shirts, the Sitka Ascent or Patagonia Capilene Cool Trail. The Cap Trail is the most comfortable polyester shirt I’ve ever tried. Has no shine and has HeiQ odor resistant treatment as a bonus. The Patagonia Tropic Comfort and Sunshade lines are nice as well. They even come in some nice muted earth tones. For like half of an Ascent shirt

The Prana Zion and FL Wick are great, but to me there’s better options when it’s over 80 degrees.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Prana stretch Zion are not a good pant for warm weather active hunts. They run warm and aren’t super breathable. Check out the outdoor research ferrosi and the Arc’teryx gamma LT or similar pats in the 7-11 oz range. The main thing is for more Breathability/less weight you are sacrificing durability.
Have you used the or voodoo pant? I have a ferrosi jacket, someone said voodoo pant is lighter than ferr. I'm not sure how much lighter they can get.
I've used Zion a decent amount and they can get a little hot. Crazy durable but there's better stuff out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Have you used the or voodoo pant? I have a ferrosi jacket, someone said voodoo pant is lighter than ferr. I'm not sure how much lighter they can get.
I've used Zion a decent amount and they can get a little hot. Crazy durable but there's better stuff out there.

Ferrosi and voodoo are almost exactly the same. Supposedly the weave on the voodoo is supposed to make it breathe better. I tried them on in store and didn’t feel like there was enough of a difference to justify buying them. Performance in the field may be a different store but I doubt it. Either one would be a good summer pant.

Youngbuck86

Lil-Rokslider
I wear the Tiburons when heavy brush or cat claw isn't an issue. If it is, I wear Kutana pants. I wear the 125 Merino long sleeve shirts. I always have some sort of shade with me in hot weather as well.

OP
npm352

npm352

WKR
Thank you guys for the tips. I have what sound like some better options. Those kuiu pants seem well recommended and some other brand shirts.

Michael54

WKR
I dont hunt in hot weather but i do run my dogs. Shorts with brush chaps are a lifesaver. Mule makes them with vented panels.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone cares I went to the OR retail store and tried on the ferrosi and voodoo pant and asked them about differences.
Voodoo is more water resistant-wide margin
More durable- narrow margin
Skinnier cut-narrow margin
Better for warm fall or spring
Pockets on thigh
Double layer back of cuff (where you're heel would step on if too long)
Ferrosi
More breathable
Quicker drying
Better for summer
1 pocket on standard cargo spot of right leg.
Compared to prana Zion, both are more breathable, lighter, I'm told more durable, tighter cut. I can't tell about water resistance, quick drying or durability without using them.
I'll probably grab some voodoo's before another pair of Zions due to thick brush and common wet weather.
The feel of both pants is much better than Zions. A little tight for my liking but were like I was wearing PJs.

I used the wrangler outdoor pants this summer while working in Savannah Georgia. Most of our work was indoor but we still had to unload trucks and shit outside in the sun. I had them the Eddie Bauer guide pants and la police gear operator pants( same material I think as bdu pants and some 5.11 tactical pants). The wranglers were the best I had grey and coyote brown followed by the eb guides in black( but even inside they did y breath as well) with the la police pants in brown last. All were better then blue jeans in my opinion and for the money if I destroy the wranglers it’s no biggie. You can get 4 pairs for the price of the Kuiu tiburons. With that being said I still want a pair of tiburon pants for summer ( I wonder if ticks can get through the little holes) and hopefully I’ll let go of some money and get them.

im sorry I can’t be more help but I figured this would help if not you then someone else.

Benjblt

WKR
Nothing is as breathable as the Kuiu Tibs. They also make a Tiburon shirt. I've not used that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jfs82

WKR
I get hot easily and it was 90 for my deer opener this year, I wore Tiburons and was really comfortable considering hiking in 90 degree weather with 40 lbs on. Wore a long sleeve kuiu synthetic with it.