Best hot weather hat

Laned

WKR
I've been really liking the Gulch Gear boonie hat. Made from the same material as the Kuiu Tiburon. Breathes surprisingly well, and very lightweight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
karltime

karltime

FNG
Thank you all for suggestions. I decided to go with a Henschel hat. I would have bought a boonie, but I look so stupid in them, I feel like Gilligan. Found one for about $20 online. I'm a little worried about the back brim hitting my backpack when I'm hiking. If it doesn't work out I'll go with the ascent hat, looks like a nice comfortable option based on all the replies here. Another odd question, does anyone also know where you can get scentless sunscreen? I swear I had some scent blocker stuff a while back, but can't find anything online.

CMF

WKR
Went backpack scouting recently and brought a boonie hat since we were out for several days. It was a problem hitting my pack. I ended up switching to a cap because of it.
Any solutions for it?
I thought a safety pin might hold up the back, but it probably wouldn't do much for shading the neck, but would still cover the ears.

Thank you all for suggestions. I decided to go with a Henschel hat. I would have bought a boonie, but I look so stupid in them, I feel like Gilligan. Found one for about $20 online. I'm a little worried about the back brim hitting my backpack when I'm hiking. If it doesn't work out I'll go with the ascent hat, looks like a nice comfortable option based on all the replies here. Another odd question, does anyone also know where you can get scentless sunscreen? I swear I had some scent blocker stuff a while back, but can't find anything online.

Permathin treatment on clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kryptek Tora hat breathes better than any hat I've ever owned and has a merino sweat band. Bought mine on sale, damn things have gone up in price again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
karltime

karltime

FNG
Just an update, Henschel hat arrived. Looks way better than a boonie and keeps my head cool in hot weather (95 yesterday on the archery range). Even though it's an amazing hat, it's not going to work. The back brim hits my exo backpack, going to switch to a cap sadly.