Best hot weather hunting short sleeve Tee??

Hey guys, I hunt in norCal where it’s 90-110 during deer season at times. I normally run all sitka gear because every piece is so breathable and comfortable…… except their lightweight tshirt. It’s just not very comfortable.
What is a good, breathable, moisture wicking shirt that is great for hot weather but not paper thin feeling?
list your favorite!

thanks guys

Columbia Silver Ridge 2.0. NorCal also, don't wear camo.
51355030040_0b10abbb1c_c.jpg

Last edited:
Tell me why! =]
It wicks very well, breathes well, SPF 50, material is comfy woven type and durable, can roll up the sleeves. I have busted all kinds of brush, burnt scrub oak branches, riparian jungle, etc no problem. They go on sale regularly. I don't wear camo, just plaid shirts and grey Kuiu Tiburon/Kutana pants.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
It wicks very well, breathes well, SPF 50, material is comfy woven type and durable, can roll up the sleeves. I have busted all kinds of brush, burnt scrub oak branches, riparian jungle, etc no problem. They go on sale regularly. I don't wear camo, just plaid shirts and grey Kuiu Tiburon/Kutana pants.
Awww it has sleeves, yeah I don’t think I can pull of sleeves in this weather. =[

Totoro

WKR
Tagging along, NorCal'er here too.

Grabbed a few SKRE short sleeves from camofire to try out.

Been rolling some BALEAF hoodie from Amazon during scouting trips.

Pretty dang light and wicks well for my body temps.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
Tagging along, NorCal'er here too.

Grabbed a few SKRE short sleeves from camofire to try out.

Been rolling some BALEAF hoodie from Amazon during scouting trips.

Pretty dang light and wicks well for my body temps.
Dude I just found camofire…I’m liking it!
what part of norCal, I’m over in butte county

Totoro

WKR
Well north of me!

Work in SF, but home is Nevada County.

Be careful of camofire, it'll suck you dry like a mistress!

MtnMuley

WKR
FL aerowool or the lightest weight newer Kuiu merino for short sleeve T's for me.

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I hunt in norCal where it’s 90-110 during deer season at times. I normally run all sitka gear because every piece is so breathable and comfortable…… except their lightweight tshirt. It’s just not very comfortable.
What is a good, breathable, moisture wicking shirt that is great for hot weather but not paper thin feeling?
list your favorite!

thanks guys
120 or 150 merino wool...FL or SG or equivalent...synthetics just get wet for me, and I live near you.

Beendare

WKR
I too like those columbia style shirts for hot weather but when bowhunting I typically wear the Kuiu merino long sleeve camo T shirt as the sleeves dont catch my bowstring.

Im in the east bay with firefighter buddies in SF.

I did my part and donated to the recall Chesa Boudin fund…POS

Last edited:
Im a huge fan of the core lightweight hoody. but if you dont like the core lightweight feel on your skin the kuiu gila is really soft on skin and comfy, i just hated the baggy hood on it and it has a looser fit. they make a version without a hood though. i have the FL aerowool too and i like that a lot more than the kuiu merino but imo the merino is not as comfy in heat as the kuiu gila and sitka core synthetics.

Hondo

WKR
I generally wear a long-sleeve or hoody during high heat but the best short-sleeve T"s I've worn are the First Lite Aerowool and Sitka Gear Core LW. I like the Sitka Gear Basin and discontinued Redline T's too. I've had many different merino T's from Smartwool, Icebreaker, Minus33 and others but haven't found any that fit as well as the First Lite Aerowool or perform as well. For non-hunting brands the Outdoor Research Echo line is good as well.

406unltd

WKR
Sitka core lw ss. Wicks extremely well, breathes, wind hers through perfectly, and does provide enough spf for guys like me that have a farmers tan.