Best HOT Weather Long Sleeve Hunting Shirt?🔥

The new Kuiu Tiburon hybrid shirt is much better than the older model. I use it pretty regularly during A zone.
Another item that has helped me with the heat is a soaking wet shemagh. Usually pack one in a gallon ziploc with some ice/water. It’s extremely refreshing to put on and keep glassing once the sun comes up.

OP
B
I’ve used the ascent shirt for a few years and it’s the best hot weather shirt I’ve used so far, but I’ve been wondering if there is a better option in the extreme heat. Everyone I know only ones one or the other, so I bought both the Sitka lightweight hoody, the FL wick shirt and the Kuiu ultra Tiburon shirt a couple weeks ago to see which is best (I feel the heat more than the cold). They’ll be getting a run in July to compare.
It would be really cool to do a comparison after you get to use em' this summer.👍

OP
B
I’ve used the ascent shirt for a few years and it’s the best hot weather shirt I’ve used so far, but I’ve been wondering if there is a better option in the extreme heat. Everyone I know only ones one or the other, so I bought both the Sitka lightweight hoody, the FL wick shirt and the Kuiu ultra Tiburon shirt a couple weeks ago to see which is best (I feel the heat more than the cold). They’ll be getting a run in July to compare.
What's the difference between the ascent shirt and the light weight hoody? I see they're both for hot weather, but the ascent is more money.

fishslap

WKR
OR Echo Hoody. Great hot weather shirt. They changed the colors and once again have nothing that works for hunting. They make great gear but OR colors suck.
I have the older quarter zip version in coyote brown and gray. I’ve worn the hell out of the brown one and it’s my favorite hot weather shirt. The newer hoodie version was too tight for my liking. I tried the first lite ridge line qz this past weekend and it will probably replace the echo except for the hottest temps. Very nice piece.

Fatcamp

WKR
I have the older quarter zip version in coyote brown and gray. I’ve worn the hell out of the brown one and it’s my favorite hot weather shirt. The newer hoodie version was too tight for my liking. I tried the first lite ridge line qz this past weekend and it will probably replace the echo except for the hottest temps. Very nice piece.

I have the grey and the discontinued green/tan. For our summer trips into the desert they can't be beat.

Baleaf hoody from Amazon. $20. Not as nice as Sitka or OR, but way cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sitka Core Lightweight Hoody is on Camofire today. Just picked one up for $100 even after shipping etc. Giving it a try after reading the positive feedback here and on some other, similar threads.

Vandy321

WKR
I much prefer the SG Chinook top over the Sitka Core LW for hot weather, I stay a bit cooler with the light merino. Just wish the Chinook had a hood and 1/4 zip like the Core LW

Jimss

WKR
One thing I have a problem with is my neck and ear protection from intense sun. Here in Colo at 10,000 to 14,000' elevation the sun sure is intense! It seems like most warm season shirts have no neck protection and there are very few shirts that have collars? A neck gator obviously is an option. I guess that's where a hoody fits in pretty well.

I would be curious how the new Kuiu Gila hoodies are? They are lower priced than other Kuiu's.

I posted this in another thread but Gulch Gear makes hot weather clothing and is made in USA. I used it last year and it worked well.

I spend a lot of time in 100° + temps.
The Gulch Gear lines of clothing with the Toray® Dot-Air 2-way stretch fabric are second to none. I have all the Kuiu Tiburon stuff too, same fabric, but I’d rather buy a product that is at leas sewn in USA 🇺🇸

The fit and quality of the Gulch Gear stuff is second to none...

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Y'all, I hunt in Northern California during archery season when it's 90 - 100+ during the day. I'm looking for a new shirt this season. I'm thinking the sitka core lightweight hoody or the Firstlite wick hoody. I also like the Kryptek button down, but can't find any reviews... I've been using a Rocky brand button down that I got from camofire many years ago. It stinks after one day and doesn't stretch. The sitka looks more durable, but I've read mixed reviews about odor. The firstlite has merino, but seems less durable. If the odor isn't bad on the sitka I would most likey go that direction. What do you guys think?
The new Kuiu Tiburon hybrid shirt is much better than the older model. I use it pretty regularly during A zone.
Another item that has helped me with the heat is a soaking wet shemagh. Usually pack one in a gallon ziploc with some ice/water. It’s extremely refreshing to put on and keep glassing once the sun comes up.
One thing I have a problem with is my neck and ear protection from intense sun. Here in Colo at 10,000 to 14,000' elevation the sun sure is intense! It seems like most warm season shirts have no neck protection and there are very few shirts that have collars? A neck gator obviously is an option. I guess that's where a hoody fits in pretty well.

I would be curious how the new Kuiu Gila hoodies are? They are lower priced than other Kuiu's.
[/QUOTE

For me both shirts feel about the same the older model tiburon shirt and the core lightweight hoody. I sure love the core lightweight hoody when it’s scorching hot in zone A and you have the ability to protect your face and ears from the sun, the face mask does make a difference for me. With both shirts I really like the feel when a breeze hits you they keep me cool and both dry super fast.

Fatcamp

WKR
In that kind of heat I'd be in shorts and a short sleeve cotton camo T.

Not me. Skin cancer sucks.

Today wore Eddie Bauer pants, OR sun shirt, and a Kryptek wide brim hat. Hours in the sun on the water and I feel great. Years ago I started watching what the Hispanic dudes did in the sun on my work crews and started copying that. Seems strange, but covering up in the right clothes works really well at keeping cool.

Badseed

WKR
Best I have used so far is first lite wick. Curious about the kuiu gila line and gultch gear. The reduced stinch from the merino is an added plus of the wick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First lite Wick Hoody. Size up to get a more relaxed fit, the hood is awesome to keep the Cali Sun off your neck it is brutal in A-zone.

jfs82

WKR
First lite Wick Hoody. Size up to get a more relaxed fit, the hood is awesome to keep the Cali Sun off your neck it is brutal in A-zone.
Sure is, I helped half-carry a guy out of cache creek last year who his buddy was afraid had heat stroke. Hunting in their jeans and normal hoodies in 107 degrees.