Best Hunting/Fishing gift for Under $100

ndbuck09

WKR
I second the rechargable headlamps! Once you go to one, you'll not want to go back to having to buy batteries. I run the Black Diamond Revolt which is about 60 bucks. The charge lasts a long time. Like a full 10 day hunt!

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoorsmans stud and tripod mount? I don’t have one but that seems like a top quality game changing piece of gear for under 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
Weatherflow Weathermeter...the poor mans Kestrel. $89 on amazon, bluetooth to AB, Hornady, BallisticARC, etc. Plus, aside from environmental inputs into a solver, it's just nice to know how cold it actually is.

I keep mine in my bino harness and have a lanyard on it for when I'm out glassing.

Screenshot_20191117-205648_Google.jpg

2ski

WKR
Celebratory whiskey/scotch/bourbon, ect. Pick your poison. You spend a hundi spot on one of them, you get a goooood bottle. You keep it around to toast your successful hunt (however you measure success) with your buddies.

I second the rechargable headlamps! Once you go to one, you'll not want to go back to having to buy batteries. I run the Black Diamond Revolt which is about 60 bucks. The charge lasts a long time. Like a full 10 day hunt!

Every headlamp is rechargeable if you use rechargeable batteries. :) Except a headlamp with removal batteries has many advantages over those with non-replaceable batteries. The batteries can be cycled out as they reach the end of useful life, so you won't get progressively shorter runs. You can swap to a fully charged battery instantly as needed. And you can upgrade to higher capacity batteries as technology improves. I have Zebralight headlamps that are 10 years old that run significantly longer than when I purchased them due to improvements in battery technology. For me, the slight weight savings of permanent (e. g. limited life) batteries is outweighed by the advantages of removable batteries.

Speaking of Zebralights, they make some of the most compact and lightweight headlamps per lumen you can buy. They can run at well under one lumen or at 1500, in the same light, and they are user programmable. I set mine to start on medium for one press, sub-lumen for press-hold, and brightest for double click. Low is so low you preserve night vision even with white light, and it will run months on low.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Tell her you’d like cash. Then use it to pay a baby sitter and take her out on a date.
Even better have my parents baby sit for free, tell my wife we can use the money for the date, then keep the cash to buy something anyways.

Sounds like the gift that keeps on giving Clark!
dd5uns1.jpg

SWOHTR

WKR
I posted last year, but seriously. Darn tough socks. I wear them 5-7x per week. If you’re on GovX you can get them for about 30% off. Spend the money and take care of your feet. I like the hunter full cushion boot socks.