Best hunting scope Under 300 dollars

blkqi

WKR
Vortex Crossfires I believe are made in China by the Chinese Communist Party. The CCP is not our friend. I refuse to support any company that promotes and sells products manufactured by the CCP.
I would search out a Leupold like the 6X with the 42MM objective, or the great Leupold 2.5-8x36mm.
You know that the majority of Leupold's binocular manufacturing is outsourced to China right?

TxxAgg

WKR
Ok so if I had an offer for a vortex viper hs 2.5-10x44 for 300 dollars with warne rings would you guys do that or go with a Meopta optika 5
I'd rather have iron sights than a Vortex :)

Meopta usually does a very good job

We have a Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 on a 7mm-08. Optics are good. Seems to adjust well and we like the reticle. But that thing has the shortest eye relief I have ever experienced. Definitely not worth putting on a rifle that will kick. Maybe they have fixed that, as ours is several years old now, but man you have to put your eye right up there to get a good view. Leupold is terrific in this regard and the Burris Fullfield II has been a terrific scope for us for years. Just my .02 worth.

Had a 4-12 diamondback that I sold because if the same reason. Just not enough eye relief to be comfortable.

Tradchef

WKR
I’ve always been a Leupold scope fan. That being said....I bought a pair of Athlon binos for my lady to bird watch with off of Doug at Cameraland....I have to say I’m super impressed. I know a few guys that run them on bench rest rifles and speak really highly of them.

For a budget hunting scope, I have had great results with the Burris Fullfield II. I have upgraded most my rifles optics the last 5 years to higher end glass, but with that, my Burris Fullfields IIs and Weaver Classics were left on rifles. The Weaver is no longer available.

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a Burris Fulfield II on my 30-06 for several years and it has performed flawlessly, including on a very wet SE Alaska blacktail hunt.

I've been happy with several Leupold VX 2s I have on several rifles. I wouldn't hesitate on a Redfield either.

Also have a Bushnell Engage 3-9x40 with illuminated reticle that is proving to be a great scope also.

Lots of good options for a solid scope within your budget.

Another vote for no Vortex below the Razor line. My son had a Viper fail on a hunt and would have been sunk had he not been able to borrow his buddy's rifle.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10x50? It's on vortex's amazon store for $250.

Or the 3-9x40 for only $199?
mine frosted up internally on the first hunt and costed me a buck...they ssuuuuuuuuck

Buck197

WKR
You might double.check Scheels, I picked up a Vortex Viper 4-12x 40 for my new Tikka a couple of weeks ago for 299, I think to me I was out for around 315 or so.

Buck197

WKR
Burris FFII is a great scope.
I compared one SXS with a Leupold and the choice was easy.
mine has lived atop a Tikka 300WSM and it holds zero perfectly. Burris deserves more love than they get.
Back in the 90s alot of folks were sure swearing by Burris, id not be a bit afraid of em.