Best hydration products???

fwafwow

WKR
I had also heard great things about Liquid IV and purchased a few boxes and neglected to look at the ingredients. More sugar and other stuff than I had hoped for (see picture), but it tasted great. I also found a homemade recipe similar to some have posted above - Redmond Sea Salt, juice of a lemon, some vitamin C powder and a bit of honey. I use it as a concentrate to mix with more water.
00CB6AC4-E263-48A5-B953-777FCB0CA223.jpeg

Another vote for liquid IV. The deal from Costco is great. Don't pay $2-3 per at the grocery store. Also can't go wrong with Pedialyte.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Nuun and Scratch are my go to choices when I want some flavor and electrolytes in my water for running, cycling, and backcountry trips. Nuun is super convenient for the backcountry. I've also felt that the Daily Nuun has done a damn good job of helping to fight off colds.

midwestwi

FNG
Ultima Replenisher. Single serve packs, different flavors, 0 calories or sugar.

This stuff is the best i’ve used. I have had serious problems w muscle cramps, especially in my legs, since my teen years. Started using ultima in Colorado last fall and didn’t have hardly any, even after a pack out i was in good shape. I have had leg cramps so bad in the past i had both heels touching my ass cheeks and couldn’t get straightened out. Lots of fun i tell ya. But no problems since i started using this. I like the grape and lemonade flavors. And i like that the stuff is not too sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those using Liquid IV do which one just he hydration mulitiplier or the energy version? I know a few years ago on a backpack hunt I used WA energy in the morning a mix of that and recovery in the afternoon and a hydration recovery before bed and not sure if i prepared better that year or was this routine but felt great

Id say wilderness athlete hydrate and recover works. It does smell bad but I do think it works.

NV HUNTER

WKR
image.jpgimage.jpg
this is what I use. Comes it little packages. Throw a couple in the pack and go. Trying another brand as well, just waiting for it to arrive. Liquid iv had to much sugar.

willidru

WKR
I like liquid IV generally, the NUUN tablets are convenient to pack I used some MT Ops product that seemed fine also, but like the liquid IV better.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had some Nuun tabs sitting around for some time, they were given out as samples at different races (single tablets that are wrapped). I decided to give them a go on a couple of recent trips and have since ordered some from Nuun.

One, they have the sodium/potassium/magnesium covered pretty well, but the fact they taste good and are easy to use (drop a tablet in a 16-20 oz water bottle) are what sold me. I've been using them in pretty hot weather (with high exertion), tabbing every other 16 oz water bottle with good luck.

For overnight trips, I've been downing one of their recovery tabs in a 16 oz water bottle sometime before bed. Knock on wood I haven't had any cramping at night, so I'll continue to use them as well.

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
I use LMNT. I work outside in Texas throughout the summer and do resistance training 3 days a week. Has helped me tremendously with muscle cramps amd just being able to stay out and work in the heat. Drink it during my workouts as well. I used. Liquid IV, it’s cheaper but for me it didn’t work near as well as LMNT. Link below if you want to check it out.

http://elementallabs.refr.cc/thomaspowell0816

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I like Liquid iv, but tailwind is a good one for endurance races and what not, has I think 100 calories and some have caffeine they have a bunch of flavors but I like green tea the best so far

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Nuun and Scratch are my go to choices
I’ll second Skratch. I used to just use sport drink mixes, but they are sugary and didn’t really seem to help. A cyclist recommended Skratch and it was exactly what I needed. I noticed a significant difference on long backpacking trips when I have a hard time replenishing electrolytes.

I’ll second Skratch. I used to just use sport drink mixes, but they are sugary and didn’t really seem to help. A cyclist recommended Skratch and it was exactly what I needed. I noticed a significant difference on long backpacking trips when I have a hard time replenishing electrolytes.
That's a lot pf sugar and carbs though.

HoneyDew

WKR
Liquid IV is the only thing I’ve found that keeps my legs from cramping and tastes decent. I use it year round for hiking, hunting, and skiing. Mtn Ops Ignite for energy.

Seeknelk

WKR
Liquid iv. I like it cuz it has sugar. Some of these ,like scratch are also a carb fuel drink. hammer heed and tailwind also I believe are similar.