Best ILF limbs?

RCL

WKR
I have been using Dryad limbs for the last few years and have been very pleased.
Great people to deal with. Nice to be able to call and talk with the owner.

Just hunting. I’ll check out Dryad for sure.
fwiw, I can own any pair of ILF limbs made in the world, and what do I hunt with? An old pair of original Trad Tech fiberglass & wood limbs that are 12 years old. Why? They are quiet and smooth and reliable and nothing I have shot with them in all those years, have lived long enough to complain about being shot with such inexpensive limbs. ;)

OP
J
fwiw, I can own any pair of ILF limbs made in the world, and what do I hunt with? An old pair of original Trad Tech fiberglass & wood limbs that are 12 years old. Why? They are quiet and smooth and reliable and nothing I have shot with them in all those years, have lived long enough to complain about being shot with such inexpensive limbs. ;)

Haha! I hear that. Just purchased this ILF bow, but up until now I’ve used a recurve built by an old guy in Michigan. It served me well until the riser cracked a bit. I’m really digging the Samick so far though, just want to upgrade the limbs.

Cbrick

FNG
I’ve got October mountains and trad techs. Both cheap limbs, but they’re quiet and fairly quick. I’ve shot dryads and they’re sweet. Next on my list for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentucky

WKR
There are a ton of limbs under 250$ that are great..

The difference between a 750$ set of limbs and a 150$ set of limbs is not worth 600$ to me.

Older trad tech BF extremes is prolly my all time favorite, I sold a set and have been missing them ever since.. had uukha vx1000s, very nice but the entry level uukha stuff is also excellent..

I wish my current self could tell my newbie trad self to just stick with your 17” das, and TT blackmax 2.0,... they are all you will ever need.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I've got a Satori I was going to upgrade limbs from the stock Hoyt - have been looking at the uukha ones to get a bump in speed and smoothness......I noticed 3-rivers and lancaster have different models they stock though. Seems like 3 rivers just got them. I could see rolling with the ones that are sub-$500.
https://www.3riversarchery.com/brand/uukha-archery.html

these seem to get some kick butt reviews

Blackcow

WKR
I’ve had pretty much all of the tradtech limbs, and if I were to buy one I’d get the wood/ glass and be happy. If I was going to spend more than those, I’d skip the more expensive tradtech and go to uukha . And of the uukhas, I’ve had everything from the ex1evo2 to the xx, and I still have the evo”s. Keep your eye out at lancasters, they often have demo/ open box uukhas.

Blackcow

WKR
1601681225009.jpegHad to run out and take a pic. That’s at 51.5 lbs@ my 31 5/8 draw( at the click). 560 grain black eagle rampage(almost 11gpp). 19” ghillo ghost 1.5 turns off max.

@Blackcow that spitting them out there pretty quick at a fairly comfortable weight. I shoot black max 2 longs on a 17” galaxy riser; 31” draw...46lb. Only arrow I had chronographed was 460gr moving at 186. These TT Limbs are the only ones I’ve owned and serve me really well for the price.

I did try some sanlida x10 limbs a while back a guy at the shop was shooting. Man they were super smooth and at the Draw weight was really shooting them fast. Anyone have experience with the sanlida brand??

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve had pretty much all of the tradtech limbs, and if I were to buy one I’d get the wood/ glass and be happy. If I was going to spend more than those, I’d skip the more expensive tradtech and go to uukha . And of the uukhas, I’ve had everything from the ex1evo2 to the xx, and I still have the evo”s. Keep your eye out at lancasters, they often have demo/ open box uukhas.

Agreed, if I was gonna buy a set of recurve limbs, I would find a used set of these..

I draw 28”, which is fine, but I envy you long draw guys the difference In power stroke is exceptional.

IMO you either spend little and get a very good set of TT black max woods, find an older more expensive set of the TT carbon extremes or pony up and buy soemthing high end like uukha. everything else is meh..

I have the hoyts on my satori now and for the price they are lackluster.