Best in-field system to switch from bino to spotter

Use Maven’s adapter and run the same plate on it and your spotting scope.

I use a similar approach with my optics (SLC 10, SLC 15, STX 65/95, Kowa 554). It is very quick and seem less to transition between optics.

If you mix and match plates with the VA-5 then you'll probably have to adjust the lever for each plate. I found you had to use the exact same plate on everything with the VA-5 to keep from having to adjust it. Even different models of Sirui plates differ and can require adjustment. That was/is the biggest downfall for me and the VA-5.
^^^^This…

The Really Right Stuff plates, to be attached to your spotting scope and the Outdoorsman’s Arca-Bino Adapter plate, are of the same dimensions. This makes it possible to adjust the tension lever on the VA-5 one time and it’ll be good for both plates.

From my perspective, if you’re using a panning head, any bino mount that clamps to the barrel of your binocular sucks. If your tripod yoke isn’t perfectly level, as you pan, your binos will begin to become angled and get increasingly worse the farther you pan.

Alternatively, using an Outdoorsman’s bino adapter, which allows the binos to self level as you pan, yet still retains the binos securely is much more effective and easier to operate.

You also get the added benefit of a system that is much lighter and doesn’t hang up on your bino harness.

Just got an Aziak.

It sticks out about the same as a RRS cinch, which i was surprised by. though has a slimmer profile length wise. Still enough to be a mild pain in the butt when taking binos in and out of harness, though i think its worth it over a stud adapter you have to take off to switch to a spotter.

1660241315194.png
1660241222142.png

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It has been said above but personally a RRS Bino Cinch, a plate for the bottom of a spotter, and if you are a really cool kid, you can have your rifle attach on there.

Just got an Aziak.

It sticks out about the same as a RRS cinch, which i was surprised by. though has a slimmer profile length wise. Still enough to be a mild pain in the butt when taking binos in and out of harness, though i think its worth it over a stud adapter you have to take off to switch to a spotter.

View attachment 438577
View attachment 438576
You don’t necessarily have to remove anything with a stud.

My Outdoorsman (small) stud is permanently attached to my 15s and fits fine in my bino harness. Loosen plate on head, remove 15s, insert spotter, and tighten plate in head. 100% seamless and quick.

Cinch straps work well; do like XLR’s comment about using it also as a shooting rest.

Folks should use what makes most sense for them.