Best Kansas whitetail Outfitter

idahoan

FNG
Hey guys, doing a little research and have decided that I'm gonna go on a outfitted whitetail rifle hunt in Kansas. I was hoping some of you guys have experienced this and could recommend some outfits. There seems to be several and I have no idea where to start. Thanks

saltfork

Lil-Rokslider
There are a lot of variables in outfitters. Really depends how much you want to spend and what kind of hunt you are looking for.

OP
I

idahoan

FNG
There are a lot of variables in outfitters. Really depends how much you want to spend and what kind of hunt you are looking for.
I was thinking no more than $4000 and would like to get a 150" or better deer. I don't need a nice lodge, just a chance at a great deer and a good experience.

Wiscobob

FNG
If you aren't set on Kansas you should take a look at Illinois Connection. My buddies all go there and have good things to say about it.

I don't know any names off hand but a region to at when it comes to big deer and an all around good hunt is in the Flint Hills. You'll likely get to move around a little bit. Deer tend to be a little bigger in the river bottom land to the south and east but the hunt would probably be southern style tree/blind sitting more than anything. Not sure exactly what experience you're looking for, but I personally don't care to sit in a tree for very long. Different strokes for different folks though.

OP
I

idahoan

FNG
Wonderful thanks alot guys. I've never hunted them and really dont want to give up my idaho mule deer hunting to go after them. I appreciate the information

Wonderful thanks alot guys. I've never hunted them and really dont want to give up my idaho mule deer hunting to go after them. I appreciate the information
If it was between Idaho mule deer or Kansas whitetail I'd pick the muley every time. That's just me though. I mean, if you wanna hang a stud whitetail on the wall, Kansas is a good place to get it done, don't get me wrong. But worth burning a mule deer hunt? To each their own.

mcseal2

WKR
Going guided I’d likely look at the western part of the state. I’m in the Flint Hills and there are good bucks here too. I’ve seen some giants bird hunting further west though in a limited number of trips out there. Less acres of wood cover and increased visibility are also tempting. With a rifle it matters a little less maybe, but with a bow the creek bottoms out there can really funnel bucks. If there is still any chasing activity when gun season opens visibility and doe populations are important.

Tom Mcmillian’s outfit has tempted me. Mainly because I’ve watched his show and it looks like we have similar interests and it could be a fun experience.

Anywhere in Kansas has the genetic potential for 150” bucks, and if its a large block of property managed for older age class bucks that potential increases. Biggest thing is finding the right fit for you.

Shots can be longer than much whitetail hunting. I’ve taken bucks to almost 400 yards. Most often I set up for a 200-250 yard shot. Being proficient to 300 will definitely be worth the effort if you can find the ammo to practice with now.

skullclnr

FNG
following too. I am new here, but looking for information on a Kansas hunt after being burned a bit in MO this last year. you do a google search and you find all the guys who can advertise, but often it seems that the referral hunts and word of mouth outfitters are the real home run situations. anyone have any names or contact they can throw out?