Best Kifaru color to match Foliage

woods89

WKR
Starting this thread almost makes me embarrassed, but here goes.

A couple years ago I bought a older version Duplex frame from the Rhino Den when the newer version came out. I had always liked Foliage so that's what I choose. Very shortly after I found that Kifaru was phasing out Foliage, much to my chagrin. I built a DIY bag and lid from some foliage fabric I found online and have used it for the last couple years.

Sometime in the next year I would really like a Reckoning. My quandary is, what bag color to go with a foliage frame? Realistically it's probably between Wolf Grey and Ranger Green. I do not want Coyote Brown because I use it a lot in deer season here, and I don't want to be that "flash of brown". Not sure Multicam or Highlander will look very good with foliage, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's a little ridiculous, because my hunting clothes are a mish mash of colors, and that doesn't bother me a bit. But if I'm going to spend over $300 on a Reckoning and a Guide lid I would like to not have it look horrible.

Anybody have both colors and have any advice? I'm not buying another frame because this one works awesome.

mt100gr.

WKR
I have ended up with highlander accessories on all of my CB Kifaru pack bags and frames. Can't say specifically how highlander would go with foliage, but it may surprise you.

Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy who now uses a modified Kifaru Argali (cb) with highlander goodies on a gray and black Stone Glacier xcurve frame :) never been a big deal to me.

I would guess that the wolf grey is your best option.
I used to have a mix of foliage and wolf grey- they are not too far off from each other.
On a side note- to my eye, the ranger green in hand, looks closer to the color of deer and elk than the coyote brown does.

I'm still running a foliage DT1 but all my attachments are in mandrake. I know its been discontinued but its a good looking set up in my opinion. If I didn't have the mandrake then highlander would be my choice.

Dobermann

WKR
For what it's worth, my suggestion is to go with what pack color you want, and not worry about the match for the frame/straps: once you're wearing it, the colors are broken up by your body and the camo you're wearing anyway.

There is some research kicking around suggesting that ungulates can see grey, though, so you might want to factor that in to the equation ...

Trr15

WKR
Starting this thread almost makes me embarrassed, but here goes.

A couple years ago I bought a older version Duplex frame from the Rhino Den when the newer version came out. I had always liked Foliage so that's what I choose. Very shortly after I found that Kifaru was phasing out Foliage, much to my chagrin. I built a DIY bag and lid from some foliage fabric I found online and have used it for the last couple years.

Sometime in the next year I would really like a Reckoning. My quandary is, what bag color to go with a foliage frame? Realistically it's probably between Wolf Grey and Ranger Green. I do not want Coyote Brown because I use it a lot in deer season here, and I don't want to be that "flash of brown". Not sure Multicam or Highlander will look very good with foliage, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's a little ridiculous, because my hunting clothes are a mish mash of colors, and that doesn't bother me a bit. But if I'm going to spend over $300 on a Reckoning and a Guide lid I would like to not have it look horrible.

Anybody have both colors and have any advice? I'm not buying another frame because this one works awesome.

Blood red goes best with any pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk