Best knife for game

Anteloper

FNG
Used a benchmade H20 dive knife for cleaning an antelope this year...its got the blunt tip so it doesnt easily penetrate the bowel when opening the abdomen...the rope cutting or gut hook worked great

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
Fixed blade skinner I had custom made by a friend for animals we get back to camp. For my kill kit, I switched to a Browning replaceable blade after I had several Havalon blades disappear inside elk....

cnelk

WKR
I don’t go anywhere without my Cutco. Had it for over 20 years, probably cut up over 40 elk with it.

I have a Havalon on my pack, but it never gets the call for big work. FF4838AE-8069-408B-A5DD-AC78DAF4A4FA.jpeg

Stalker69

WKR
If your looking for “ custom” knives, you owe it to yourself to at least check out chopskives.com , he makes some gorgeous knives. Best I have seen, imo of course.

rcdinaz

FNG
I have a lot of knives cheap stuff to $600 customs and I pretty much only use the Havalon SHockey knife the last few years. Regular knife blade on one side and the Havalon on the other. Now that Havalon has a saw blade, gut hook, skinning, and standard blades I can carry everything I need. I used them all this year and they work very well. They also have the blade install/removal tool so I am less scared of them. :)

I still carry a Titanium backpacker as well but only in case I need to poke or cut something else.

Mudflap621

Lil-Rokslider
I’m leaning towards a replaceable like the havalon or tyto or possible the Wilde edge razor pro myself. I hate sharpening knives.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a Half Face from Mrs.....like a STOOOOPID expensive one. I've never seen anything close to a Skinner pattern. Have a name/model?

Dang! Never heard of them. Pretty sweet looking blades. Premium steel and like you said: premium price hahah

Stalker69

WKR
I have never heard of them either, different looking for sure. For about the same money look at chops knives.com, he will custom make them for you also.

Gobbler36

WKR
I love my bench made steep country and just picked up an Iron Will knife so we’ll see how that handles. The bench made sharpens relatively easy but holds an edge for a good while, interested in testing out the a2 steel knife.
I’d also add the victorinox makes a good hunting knife for the price.

eoperator

WKR
I like,

-go to; Benchmade steep country

-on the lighter side; tyto

-on a budget; cold steel pendleton lite hunter ($15)

I love my bench made steep country and just picked up an Iron Will knife so we’ll see how that handles. The bench made sharpens relatively easy but holds an edge for a good while, interested in testing out the a2 steel knife.
I’d also add the victorinox makes a good hunting knife for the price.
I have a steep country and a saddle mountain skinner. They last me an entire season and I send them back to benchmade to clean and sharpen for me. That S30v edge lasts forever.

Mosby

WKR
I use a Cutco, Cold Steel Carbon V Master Hunter or a replaceable blade knife for all my hunting.