Best lead free 6.5 Creedmoor ammo

Dominic06

FNG
What is your favorite lead free 6.5 Creedmoor ammo for mule deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericF

WKR
Barnes 127gr LRX is the best i've found. Reloaded the 127 for a while before I figured out the factory load was just as accurate. Good luck finding it right now though.

kidd2_05

FNG
Barnes 127gr LRX is the best i've found. Reloaded the 127 for a while before I figured out the factory load was just as accurate. Good luck finding it right now though.
X2… good stuff but goodluck finding it in stock

sndmn11

WKR
The federal trophy copper factory load left a doorway wide blood trail on my dad's deer last year. I bought the 120gr etips to reload because of that.

I’ve shot every lead free ammo I could find in this caliber for the last 5 years and Barnes 127gr LRX has no rival. Best hands down. Just glad I bought a big ol box a couple years back. Sure hope this buddy can find some!

OP
Dominic06

Dominic06

FNG
Good too hear I have two boxes of the 127 and the 120 Barnes, drove around for a couple hours trying to find it for hunting season. I’m hoping it performs great!

OP
Dominic06

Dominic06

FNG
I've used the PVA Cayuga copper bullets, they have very high BC's, more like a match bullet. And they are very effective on animals.

Those look sweet!

Stalker69

WKR
I've used the PVA Cayuga copper bullets, they have very high BC's, more like a match bullet. And they are very effective on animals.
Have you ever tried them at say 50-100 yards on animals ( deer, elk) preferably ? 6.5 creedmoor

Have you ever tried them at say 50-100 yards on animals ( deer, elk) preferably ? 6.5 creedmoor
I have not, but PVA has shot a bunch of deer with them. Im sure he could give you some additional feedback. After having used them, I would absolutely use them again on deer or elk at those ranges.

Whatever you can find on the shelf. I finally found some Barnes 120gr TTSX after looking for 5 months and was limited to 2 boxes. Just enough to break in/sight in my new rifle but not enough to do some quality practice with :rolleyes:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Whatever you can find on the shelf. I finally found some Barnes 120gr TTSX after looking for 5 months and was limited to 2 boxes. Just enough to break in/sight in my new rifle but not enough to do some quality practice with :rolleyes:
I've got a box of 120 TTSX bullets listed in the classifieds if you reload.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Dominic06

Dominic06

FNG

Wildly expensive but in stock

I have 2 boxes of those . Pricy, going to sight it in with Barnes 120’s today, saving those for hunting season, I’ll let y’all know how it runs through my Weatherby Vanguard Meateater with a Leupold VX-Freedom 6-18x40.

Stalker69

WKR
I have not, but PVA has shot a bunch of deer with them. Im sure he could give you some additional feedback. After having used them, I would absolutely use them again on deer or elk at those ranges.
I see there web sight ( from link above) but I do not see how to purchase them ?