Best lightweight scope rings

Have had good luck with DNZ Game Reaper. Running them (20 MOA base) on a few rifles. They run about 3.8 ounces "all in".

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I have used, talley, nightforce, vortex, seekins, leupold, and hawkins. So far the Hawkins have been my favorite. I just need to get one of Hawkins heavy tactical one piece on the way now.

How were the leupold and Vortex? I can get those brands easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueticker1

Lil-Rokslider
The leupold were way out of line but if you lap them you shouldn't have any issues but they are a little heavier than some of the others, vortex were about on par for with the rest a little out but not crazy, however that was with the vortex precision matched rings. I am probably more nit picky than most and I do believe that all would serve you well just torque correctly and you should be good to go. Like I said earlier the most impressive were the Hawkins precision, I think they are a plug and play system. Just my opinion of course, free advice is worth just about what you pay for it.

22lr

WKR
Running numbers, I was using the steel Leupold quick detach system on my pre-64 30-06, switching to the Talleys could save me 4oz total, for $45-50ish. That is literally the best bang for the buck I can get on my rifle at the moment.

I'd have to drop about $550+ to shave that much weight off my scope setup.
A nice composite stock would run me about $550-650+.

I'm not a huge ounce counter, but I figure small gains over time will really help. I have just used the Leupold quick detach system for so long that it will be hard to change. But I'm looking to save more weight now that I'm in AK and have more opportunities to not just sit in a treestand or walk a few hundred yards to shoot my deer.

Is anyone with a T3X using the Leupold Backcountry 2pce 30mm mounts with a VX5HD 3-15x44? Did you use the medium or the high rings?
Thanks
Phil

Sled

WKR
Is anyone with a T3X using the Leupold Backcountry 2pce 30mm mounts with a VX5HD 3-15x44? Did you use the medium or the high rings?
Thanks
Phil

I don't have leupold rings so i can't help with this answer. i will say the talley light weights are nice and if you can stomach a little extra weight, the sportsmatch rings are great on tikkas. they attatch directly to the tikka factory 15mm dovetail. if you are in australia you can probably get them easier than we can in the states.

Macintosh

WKR
Have talley lightweights on 2 tikkas. 30mm lows have worked fine for 42-44mm scope objectives, and probably would still have room to spare with the extra-lows for a 40-42mm scope. They have been great for me through several scope changes, although I have always been very careful to clean, threadlocker and torque them. An aluminum pick rail and a solid set of aluminum rings maybe slightly more solid, but I haven’t seen any difference whatsoever through several years and at least a couple years of hunting use +travel+practice. The rifles I shoot in more volume all have a pic rail and heavier duty rings, no issues there either, so hard for me to compare not having seen any functional difference. Maybe if I put several thousand rounds a year through my lightweight rifles I would see a difference, but I don’t.

I wish Hawkins or NF would come out with lightweight 1” rings. I have both and love them. I really like the Z3 Swaros for lightweight. Not a lot of options if you want a rail mount with good return to zero for swapping different scopes.

The Talley one piece or Hawkins hybrids are nice if you don’t swap scopes around much. The Hybrids will get you MOA can’t in a Talley style lightweight “one piece”

jjjones7

FNG
Weight is always something to consider but there is better ways to save a few grams than in your scope rings. I’m not advocating something super heavy but the NF Ultralights, Warne Mtn Techs or Hawkins on a 2 piece base is a huge step up from the backcountry or Talley LW IMO

Edit: depends on if your scope has a 1” tube or 30mm as both are in the the VX3i lineup. I think if it is 1” that limits you to Warne mtn techs