Best Lightweight Trekking Poles?

Pandesal

FNG
Trying some Black Diamond Trail Ergos this week, hoping they will be the last ones I need for awhile. They are listed at 18oz for the pair.

I used a pair of Komperdell Carbon Vaio 4 for quite a few years and they were great. I've since switched to the Black Diamond Alpine Carbon, due to needing a pole that goes shorter when collapsed for my bivy tent. Both have worked nicely. If you have a tipi, the Komperdell's are handy because their length is longer than the typical trekking poles.

flagman

FNG
I just picked a pair of Costco ones which now have lever locks for adjustment, right at a pound for both poles. I have used their previous models and ended up jb welding locking mechanism. $30 something, flagman

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to beat the cost of the Cascade carbon fiber poles but I've used the Black Diamond Whippet carbon ski pole for 5 years of elk, deer and mt. goat hunting and they have taken a beating with no breaks. The Whippet has a small "pick" on the handle kinda like a mountaineer axe in case you need to self arrest during a fall. Might be overkill but if your looking for good options you might want to consider....

lorsonts

FNG
I would reach for the Leki's. Certainly not the cheapest, but they are strong and reasonable weight.

Be careful how you pack them if you are flying with them, regardless of the brand. I've had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk