Best linemans belt for hanging mobile treestands

What is everyone's experience with using a linemans belt to get your mobile stands up quick? Is their some that are better than others? I typically take forever and get way to sweaty everytime I go hang a new stand so I'm trying to speed things up and make it easier and less complicated while using a mobile setup. I have a lightweight xop stand and sticks. I'm thinking of taking 3 sticks with me to minimize weight and I think that should get be around 16/17' up hopefully. I also carry a few screw in steps if needed but most state land wont allow that. The stand is the smaller xop hang stand. Ideally I'd like to get setup in 10 minutes or under. Right now it almost take 40 minutes. At that point I might as well use my lighter weight climber that takes 5 minutes to get up but some trees I cant use that.
Looking for a linemans belt that is not bulky, strong (safe), easy to use, and something I can trust my life with. Suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using sterling oplux 8mm with kong duck ascender. Lightweight and durable so far.

OP
TonySkyline
Did you make that or can I buy it put together? I don't know much about climbing and the knots involved to be safe.

OP
TonySkyline
Note- when I am hanging a stand, I'll wear a black diamond rock climbing harness. Waaaay easier than a tree stand harness. I just lean back and that's it. I just don't like those sketchy seatbelt material ones that come with a treestand. Always feel like its gonna slip through.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
Did you make that or can I buy it put together? I don't know much about climbing and the knots involved to be safe.

I hunt from a saddle so it's similar style to the RC harness.

I got my rope from doublesteps.com He has a good selection for mobile hunting gear. I watched youtube videos for tying the knots

Ac338

WKR
What is everyone's experience with using a linemans belt to get your mobile stands up quick? Is their some that are better than others? I typically take forever and get way to sweaty everytime I go hang a new stand so I'm trying to speed things up and make it easier and less complicated while using a mobile setup. I have a lightweight xop stand and sticks. I'm thinking of taking 3 sticks with me to minimize weight and I think that should get be around 16/17' up hopefully. I also carry a few screw in steps if needed but most state land wont allow that. The stand is the smaller xop hang stand. Ideally I'd like to get setup in 10 minutes or under. Right now it almost take 40 minutes. At that point I might as well use my lighter weight climber that takes 5 minutes to get up but some trees I cant use that.
Looking for a linemans belt that is not bulky, strong (safe), easy to use, and something I can trust my life with. Suggestions?

If you dont want to spend a lot the muddy linesman belt is a good one. Loop on one end and a prussic with carabiner on the other end. If money isnt a concern for you I like the tethrd linesman belt or any quality linesman belt but I add the wildcountry rope man ascender instead of the prussic.

Backyard

WKR
I use my safety harness that came with my Summit stand. It has loops on each hip to hook in just like a linemans. Works pretty well to be hands free when Im at the top and hang the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
6mm Sterling TRC and 1/8" Amsteel with a locked Brummell splice on each end used as a distel hitch.

T_Nelomz

FNG
I have. aMuddy harness with loops for a lineman belt. I made my own with some 8mm static line from REI and a couple carabiners. Prusik knots are super easy to tie. I also made my own to tether to the tree with. Way less clunky and noisy. I can fit them in my side pant pocket which makes climbing and accessing them really easy when off the ground.

MtnMuley

WKR
You certainly don't need the best lineman belt to hang stands. I would personally shop for a used belt in your size with single D rings. Many companies are requiring dual D rings these days and I'm sure you can pick one up used for a qtr the price of new.

Wisco1

FNG
I had a couple treestands (i think they were Millenniums) come with lifelines, which I never use since I'm generally mobile. So i cut one short and converted it into a lineman's belt since the overall process (prusik knot with a carabiner attached) worked the same. So if you have a spare of those lying around, give that a shot. Cheaper than buying one or creating DIY verison with a ropeman or similar.

OP
TonySkyline
TTT. Still haven't bought anything. I think I want the ropeman 1 but not sure how to get the rest of the stuff. Want to use it with my RC black diamond harness. Thoughts? Anyone got something extra they would sell all set up with rope and carabiners?

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
If you don’t want to make your own, keep an eye on AT and saddlehunter classifieds. Complete belts come up on both of them fairly often

If you don’t want to make one, Tethrd’s lineman’s rope is very nice. Spliced eyes and Ropeman ready.

wesfromky

WKR
One issue with using a linemans belt with a climbing harness is both sides of the linesmens are attached to the belay loop in front of you, which, to me at least, made it way harder to use.

If you want mobile, it is hard to beat a saddle. And, for your sticks, it is cool what you can do with fewer/shorter/lighter sticks and an aider.