Best Long range caliber?

Rifles And More

Lil-Rokslider
I think very few people would string 5 first round hits together. Most people might not get it done at 400.

I have no problem with people taking long shots, as long as they honestly evaluate their abilities. But I do believe that out of all the people shooting at distances over 300-400 yds only a few are actually qualified.
I think the same.

I feel solid out to 600 - but on five separate days with different conditions? Also, there are days here when you don't have business shooting at 200 due to wind!

I hope the OP gets his cartridge picked and goes and shoots the barrel out. That's what makes LR Hunting possible.

woods89

WKR
I think the same.

I feel solid out to 600 - but on five separate days with different conditions? Also, there are days here when you don't have business shooting at 200 due to wind!

I hope the OP gets his cartridge picked and goes and shoots the barrel out. That's what makes LR Hunting possible.
Agreed. I've sat on the side of the mountain sometimes with the wind blasting and realized that the limits are pretty close that day.

88man

FNG
Hard to beat a 7mm like the 28 nosler or a dakota or lrm
180 grn berger vld hunting

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
We can give you plenty of suggestions on rifles and cartridges that can do the job but we cannot make you capable of executing the shot. Myself, I'd go with a .270 Win. It carries the mail out there a good ways, I can shoot an 8# chambered for the cartridge for more than a few rounds at the time, and I can shoot it affordably enough to not put myself in the poor house to gain proficiency.