Best long range hunting 6mm bullet?

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve heard lots of people liking the Berger 105hyb. But I haven’t heard much about the eldm, atip, or Berger 108 elite hunter. Just wondering what results people have gotten with the bullets on deer and what max range would be for good kills

Seeknelk

WKR
I’ve heard lots of people liking the Berger 105hyb. But I haven’t heard much about the eldm, atip, or Berger 108 elite hunter. Just wondering what results people have gotten with the bullets on deer and what max range would be for good kills
Max range is certainly going to depend somewhat on what speed your shooting them at.
What cartridge? 6BR? 243?!6-300wsm? 6-06 AI?

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody ever mess around with the 110 A-tip? Or do the eldm just work better as a hunting bullet?

Harvey_NW

WKR
I shoot 105 VLD out of my 6 Creed and my hunting partners daughter has anchored a few does and a spike bull without any issues with it. Pretty much all test loads shoot either 1 or sub MOA so I until some ELD-M surface to try I'm not too worried about it.

chamois

FNG
105gr Berger Hunting VLDs is my favourite.
They have performed flalessly for me in a number of African plainsgame animals from Springbucks to (one) Eland with Blesboks, Wildebeest and Oryx in between.
Largest shots in the 500-650 yds range.

eoperator

WKR
100 grain TGK.
Any on game performance (especially at lower velocities)?
The tough jacket and harder alloy lead seems like they will be great at higher velocity but, I question low velocity performance. I have a bunch of these to try out this year, looking for some actual in the field results.

EdP

WKR
I've taken pronghorn at 400 and 500 yds with my 6mm Rem using the 100 gr TGK. I don't know what more "low velocity performance" you would need. I've also taken whitetail does at 100 and 200 yds. IMO, it's a fine bullet for that size game from a .243 or 6mm Rem over a wide range of distances.