Best low poundage broadhead

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
My son gets to deer hunt for the first time this year. He really wants to try with his bow before gun season. He has been shooting very well and I think he's ready. Anyone have any experience shooting broadheads at lower draw weights. I'm thinking he will be hunting around 35 to 40 pounds. I'm thinking fixed blades will be best way to go.

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Fixed heads are definitely the way to go. I personally have had experience with ramcats was exodus kudu point and quite a few others you'd be fine with any of the above. Slick tricks as well. Probably best to have cut on contact.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Cut on contact, hair popping sharp. Pick what you like. I've had awesome results from the Magnus Black Hornet.

Setting up a bow for my SO who is about the same draw weight with short arms my research pointed to the Magnus Stinger 2 blade as a head that would penetrate very well. They are also well priced

Brendan

WKR
2 Blade fixed blade. Cutthroats / VPA 2 Blade are a great design and easy to sharpen.

Make sure you work with him so his bow is tuned and they shoot well.

Reactions: Zac
My wife killed her first archery whitetail shooting 40lbs, used zwicky eskilite 135gr 2 blade. Got a pass through and it died within sight. They do not come sharp and need work to get them there...but they’re cheap 👍🏻

my girlfriend just killed a white tail buck this weekend shooting about 30 lbs and a 25 inch draw. got about 21 inches of penetration using a cut on contact head. arrow is around 380 grains If I remember right. with 168 in the front. it was a very hard quartering away shot, other wise im guessing it would of mad an exit hole and pull through as it ran away. but died in 50 yards, arrow made it into the diaphram after entering just infrint of the hind leg

a cheap great option is the German Jager from kustom king archery, they are like a magnus stinger with thicker blades and better edge retention. vpa 2 blade is another great option, as well as 100gr kudu contour (or even 125's) they are a really good head with scary sharp blades and super good edge retention.... the 100gr contour would be my top pick for low poundage due to the great edge retention... they won't dull on hair, hide, or ribs, and a blade that stays sharp penetrates better

good luck!

I dislike 2 blade Broadheads unless they are 2” cut, poor blood trails in my experience. I much prefer 3 blades. My son killed his first deer with a Wac’em triton at 35# pass through

Pramo

WKR
Vipertrick is a great low energy head, I had my son and buddies use these when they started bow hunting at age 13 and I've also killed some elk, mule deer and bear with them with no problems.

Zac

WKR
If you wan't the best your going to be looking at Valkyrie Jagger's, Anything from Iron Will, and either the Maasai, or the Alaskan from Grizzly stick. Some secont tier heads would be the Kudu, and the Cutthroat two blade. I would say bottom of the barrel is going to be the stuff from Magnus. Not bad heads, just cheap aluminum ferrules and 420 stainless blades.

There are some great penetrating fixed blade heads...the best I’ve tested are Magnus Stingers, B3 Destrukt, Tooth of the Arrow, and Blood Therapy OCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnus stinger 4 blades are nice, and pretty cheap. I have heard WAAAY too many stories of bad blood trails with the two blade version.

Iron Will/Day 6 are the pricey but sexy options.

An exotic option, the Simmons sharks are good if you can sharpen curved blades. They come in widths from 1 1/4" up to 2" width. I'd recommend a 1 3/8" or so to avoid bad tuning issues. Kudupoints are similar heads with great reviews.

In the boring but effective camp, you could also set him up with Cutthroat 2 blades, or VPA 2 blades.

Zac

WKR
I as well forgot to mention Day 6, another premium head for sure.