Best LPVO for hunting

I have the mil dot reticle. Mine is on a 300 win mag, so wanted some dope marks I could use in a pinch. The illuminated dot on that reticle is very fine and precise (yet still highly visible in low light) which is ideal for the higher mag/precision shots. I plan to get the triangle reticle for the carbine. Looks like it has a larger illuminated portion for faster target acquisition in close quarters (im talking inside a house, etc). Dont think you could really go wrong with any of them in a hunting application, and would personally lean towards something with a finer aiming point. As far as magnification, I would think the 6x is better in every way except weight and cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
I have experience with the Trijicon 1-4 on big bore rifles (.416 Rem, .458 Win and Lott, .404 Jeff). My sample size is 4, and they have been a very tough scope. No issues with them on those rifles after a lot of rounds.

Jeremy

OP
RyanBaker

RyanBaker

FNG
Thanks everyone for the great responses and advice! Trijicon definitely seems to be the #1 recommendation, I will be searching for examples to compare the 1-4 and 1-6 accupoints, as well as different reticles and colors if possible.

TxxAgg

WKR
Did some rokslide reading, and this thread pointed me to the Trijicon 1-4x24

Went with the green dot German 4. Need to shoot, but really liking it so far.

16.5" T3x 223 w/Sportsmatch rings

7340AFEE-8089-48AC-B636-E67E471410D9.jpeg

Last edited: