Best Mathew's bow in last decade?

rclouse79

WKR
I always wanted to shoot one of the slow cams. What you give up in speed seems like it might be worth what you gain in easy of operation.

Traverse sounds like a great bow but how top heavy is it with a quiver and sight installed? Friend has VXR 31 and no thanks, way too top heavy. Looking for a new bow and no want or need for stabilizers.

Catahoula

WKR
I have a Chill R and the Halon 32. They are basically outfitted with same components and draw weight. I shoot both, but like the feel, draw cycle and weight of the Halon 32 over the Chill R. Although, I wouldn’t mind test driving that new V3.

ZDR

WKR
Traverse sounds like a great bow but how top heavy is it with a quiver and sight installed? Friend has VXR 31 and no thanks, way too top heavy. Looking for a new bow and no want or need for stabilizers.
I just picked up a used traverse and am pleasantly surprised by how well it shoots. My primary bow is a Hoyt rx4u and my first impression is this is just as good as it. I don’t notice it being top heavy.

Painless

FNG
I have had the following, MQ1, Switchback XT, HeliM, Halon 6, Halon 32, Halon X Comp, Vertix and now the VXR 31.5. I hunt with the VXR and shoot 3D with the Halon X Comp. The VXR is hands down one of Mathews best bows I really like that bow and plan on keeping it for a while. I have found that I like a bow in the 32 to 34 ATA range best but the 31.5 shoots like a longer bow for me, 75lb 30.5" draw.

Reactions: ZDR

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I started out with a switchback, had a halon 6 before going to Hoyt withy a carbon defiant turbo. I just bought a traverse a couple weeks ago and can't believe I put up with the rough draw and shot on the Hoyt as long as I did. The traverse has a very pleasant draw, holds great, and has very minimal sound or hand shock at the shot. In shops I shot a VXR last year and don't remember it being overly better than how this Traverse feels. But it was just a few shots and not head to head. I would buy a Traverse again in a heartbeat.

Gorp2007

WKR
I've got a Traverse with the Q-Lite quiver and a MBG Ascent and I run it without stabilizers. This is my first bow, but I shoot it well and I've played around with 8" and 12" stabs and always end up running it naked.

Is the drenalin too old? Love that bow. I say every year I'm gonna upgrade, and I just haven't . Came really close to buying a halon 32 a while ago.

I sold my Drenalin and got a Traverse. Wish I had kept that Drenalin every dang day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on the Chill X from experienced folks? Specs look like what I’m looking for in a bow. Or an alternative with similar specs?
I had two Chill X’s. They are an awesome bow. Forgiving, great performance. When set up the same my X was faster than my Traverse.

also, something Mathews hasn’t had in awhile, was a balance bow and the Chill X was great at that. Even with everything attached it still balanced very well. Not top heavy at all.

I shoot a heli m and I’m lights out to 70yds and absolutely love it. I made the mistake of shooting the new V3 and almost bought it on the spot!

Zac

WKR
Traverse was the best hunting bow they ever produced. However that vision isn't likely to resume anytime soon. I suspect we'll see a 25 inch hunting bow next year with a giant riser and inverted limbs and blah, blah, blah🤦