Best mat’l for patching FL Kanab crotch tear

Tbuckus

WKR
My FL Kanabs have the crotch torn out.
Has anyone patched theirs up? If so, what material did you use? I have some cordura and nylon scraps, but not sure if those are the best material.

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
I would use paper... in the form of a shipping label to send them back for credit. They have taken good care of me on my two pair that blew out.

They swapped a pair of mine for a set of obsidians Last year. No crotch issues so far. FL customer service is solid.

if you decide to repair, somewhere around here there is a recent thread where someone posted pics of theirs that they patched with cordura.

Catchfish

WKR
I didn’t lose the crotch on mine but I lost a knee after wearing mine for 15 days total. I was very disappointed they were the original gen 1 pants. I called and spoke to customer service and they wouldn’t do anything for me, I asked for spare materials to make a patch and they told me they would get me some. 1 week later contacted and said they could not get me any material. I ended up cutting patches out of an old army wool blanket and putting a patch on both knees for wear and tear. Probably not a good fix for the crotch though. I might utilize a patch from another overused merino shirt/long underwear.