Best mountain whitetail podcast?

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Ben,

I do remember you and your father! That burger was one of the best meals I had that week. How'd you guys end up doing on that hunt?

Thanks for the in-depth explanation. I've been listening to quite a few podcast/YT videos and have figured out that transition areas are gold, and actually have a scouting trip planned this weekend to verify a few things I'm seeing on GE and see if I can find some old (last years rut) sign. Your explanation validated a lot of what I was thinking.

Quick clarification; are you recommending walking fast to your set-up in the morning, or drop a gear and walk a little slower?

Glad you enjoyed it, my Dad and I enjoyed your company.

Man it was a tough hunt! Lol. We saw 2 legal bucks the whole trip (hunting). We did find a large group of elk and had a couple of close calls with a couple of bulls but could not get it done. How was it for you?

Honestly, I try to get in there before day light and walk pretty fast. I’ve found that deer up here don’t spook as bad if it’s dark. I’ve had deer come walk up within 10 yards of me trying to figure out what I was. I’ve found that even a small headlamp doesn’t spook them too bad during dark. Once day break comes it’s a whole different story. Deer will be in pockets, once you find their pocket be cautious. If I find my self walking in the day time, which happens a lot because I stay mobile during rifle I will keep a fast walk but make frequent stops and look over my surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
59cfdf58c2ab105b3fb52758dbe7ebf4.jpg

781051d9223e742f2b15e9486803e17a.jpg

8e9b2c114ecf7364a310585fde33e7d0.jpg

These are the bucks I’ve killed over the past 4 seasons. It’s a job hunting the hills, but it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk