Best Mule Deer Photo Contest

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Love the doe pic and the Washington buck is pretty good, too.

there are some good bucks on this thread. Keep it coming! Make it hard for us to judge, please

Mckinnon

WKR
I have a blacktail/muley hybrid, at least I think that's what it is (D5, CA) Can I post photos of that, or will it not qualify?

a3dhunter

WKR
All the D zone bucks are mule deer.... post it up... Ed F

Never seen a mule deer in D5.
All I've seen there growing up are hybrids. They don't have the typical wide muley ears and their headgear is smaller, as well as their bodies.
I would agree with posting it up.
I took my first buck ever in D5 back in 1994.

Mckinnon

WKR
P1000892_zps7e5ee740.jpg

General Dzone California buck. I am the 4th generation in my family to kill deer with that rifle and couldn't be more proud.

bowuntr

WKR
Looks like an old Springfield.... that's cool... nice buck, congrats.

A3 I guess you can call them whatever you want.... Ed F

a3dhunter

WKR
A3 I guess you can call them whatever you want.... Ed F
Ed -I know that technically you are right, but it has always rubbed me wrong to hear them called mule deer.
I know the state tends to classify them as "california mule deer", but they sure don't look like other mule deer to me. Growing up hunting the area I never heard them called "mule deer" until I moved away. They were always called blacktails. Biggest buck I ever saw wouldn't have went 150 lbs out there.

I sure wouldn't want someone judging his buck against other mule deer, that is a very nice buck for D zone.

Rock- very nice buck, congrats.

Happy trails.

Mckinnon

WKR
Hey thanks guys! Great buck theedz, looks like that terrain would make for a tough stalk to say the least.

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
I got to punch my tag this morning with my daughter along. Its been a great 2nd rifle here in colorado for me - be be with my daughter last weekend when she got her doe, and to have her with me on another spot and stalk for mine! To top it off, My dad was along on both trips as well and we got a group picture once we drug it back to the road!

All 3.jpgDadDoe3.jpgHollyandDad.jpg

I'm posting a story about the weekends in another post.