Best mule deer tags???

golfbum

WKR
What would your top 3-5 Mule deer tags be?

1- Henry Mountains Archery tag
2- Late strip tag
3- 4th season 44 tag?

I know some will say antelope island (for some strange reason I have zero appeal)

Or by state maybe?

Utah- Henry Mountains
Wyoming- 102 probably?
Colorado- 44 4th season?

how would you compare top wyoming or colorado units to the strip or Henry mountains?

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
I was looking at what would be the best units in each state and how they compare to each other.....

I agree though a statewide tag would be the best! Haha

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Wow.

not the response I was hoping for.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers, I was hoping to hear about thoughts on the very top tier units. These are far from secrets and for the people that draw these tags most (99%) have years and years of points.

I was not asking for the most underrated units....

Again sorry for the post.

if the mods want to close it, feel free.

thanks
Cody

gexpro

WKR
Wow.

not the response I was hoping for.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers, I was hoping to hear about thoughts on the very top tier units. These are far from secrets and for the people that draw these tags most (99%) have years and years of points.

I was not asking for the most underrated units....

Again sorry for the post.

if the mods want to close it, feel free.

thanks
Cody

you had good intentions. unfortunately some get the briefs wadded up when anyone discusses draw/premium units. i don't really see all the fuss really, each state has at least a few different good units.. and the top tier units take a substantial amount of points to draw, not like you can get them over the counter.

Laramie

WKR
you had good intentions. unfortunately some get the briefs wadded up when anyone discusses draw/premium units. i don't really see all the fuss really, each state has at least a few different good units.. and the top tier units take a substantial amount of points to draw, not like you can get them over the counter.
True but none of us want to see our areas mentioned because even for those areas, draw odds can get even worse with extra attention,

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
while threads like this make me cringe, we gotta admit he didn't reveal anything not published in every mag, website, etc, so I'll play.

If I don't have to rule out an outfitter, I'd go

1) Late Strip 13B
2) Late Strip 13A
3) Archery 13A

and I'd be Clay Bundy's new best friend, might even throw in a foot rub

no outfitter? probably...

1) Henry Muzz
2) Henry Archery
3) Pauns Muzz

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
They are far from secrets because of loose lips. Which isn’t so much a problem in small groups, but social media post have eroded many units across the west in the past decade or less. Like said above about meat eater. First they exploited the Washington elk hunt (and apologized about it on the podcast), then yet have done it again twice (all from Janis’s post) in two regions of CO and a dead giveaway by naming two towns where to hunt elk. Now region Geee Is on Netflix - RIP you will he missed Wyoming mule deer...

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Top rated units in which I asked about in my OP are from secrets not because of loose lips, but because they are the cream of the cream of mule deer units in the WORLD. They take decades of points to draw and every one of those units are all over media in the hunting world.

Sorry to mess up your plans of hunting these units every other year.