Best Newfoundland option?

As some of you may know, we were booked for a S. Brooks hunt for next year, but that hunt has been cancelled. Now tossing around ideas for 2022. Still considering something in Alaska, but also looking at NL. Obviously the moose aren't as big, but the dollar goes a little further there so I'm giving it some thought.

Who / What would you consider to be the go-to option there?

Would most likely be interested in a remote camp and if we go the Newfounland route, I'm prepared to spend top(ish) dollar for opportunity at trophy quality specimen.

Last edited:

keller

WKR
i am booked for a 2020 fly in hunt i can give you a report if things open up this season.

OP
P
Sounds good. A lot of chatter on this forum and others about Effords and Moose Valley Outfitters. It's odd because nearly every website advertises just about the same price and success rate. A lot different from AK where prices vary so much wider. I guess that's to be expected considering the size of Alaska and the many different ways to hunt. For Newfoundland I'd definitely want a fly in hunt. I do know that much. A legitimate change for a 40" moose would be pretty important as well.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Im booked with effords trophy moose hunt this September I can update you if the border opens and I can go.

Tjwjr89

FNG
Another vote for Effords here. We went 4 for 4 on our fly in hunt. All good size bulls. Awesome mix between the fly in camp and a couple days hunting from a bush camp.

Attachments

• KIMG1344.JPG
    KIMG1344.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 69
  • KIMG1331.JPG
    KIMG1331.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 68

turk870

FNG
I went with Caribou Pond in 2013, had a great hunt I got a very large bull for Newfoundland and my buddy got a caribou, he has went with them I think 5 times and was only unsuccessful once, but he passed on a few.

Budda

FNG
A group of 4 went with Mountaintop Outfitters last year and this year there are 9 of us going. We had a great time last year. Hunting and fishing was awesome. We went 4/4 on bulls last year. Biggest was 44 wide 10x10. Mine was a 36 inch wide 5x5. We saw a few larger bulls but not in places we could get to them easily. Saw some monster bears as well.
Roberts Outfitting is also a great choice with different types of hunts to choose from. I know three guys that hunted the same week as we did with Roberts and they all killed 40+ inch bulls. One was 52 inches with huge palms and fronts!! It was a bull you would expect out west.