Best non custom mountain rifle

cbeard64

WKR
Had a Kimber MT in .300 WSM that was terrible. Will never own another Kimber.

Went to a Sako Finnlight in the same caliber and it has become my favorite rifle for over a decade. Just picked up another in .270 Win.

At the DSC show in Dallas I asked the Sako rep about the advantages of the Carbon Lite over the Finnlight and he said “There are none. Stick with your Finnlights. They are among the best rifles we have ever made.” I believe him.

Most have learned that ultra, ultra light rifles give up too much in shootability. 7-8 lbs “all in” seems to be the sweet spot. My Finnlights are 7 1/4 lbs. loaded with scope and sling.

Anyway, my 2 cents.....

Went to a Sako Finnlight in the same caliber and it has become my favorite rifle for over a decade. Just picked up another in .270 Win.

At the DSC show in Dallas I asked the Sako rep about the advantages of the Carbon Lite over the Finnlight and he said “There are none. Stick with your Finnlights. They are among the best rifles we have ever made.” I believe him.

Most have learned that ultra, ultra light rifles give up too much in shootability. 7-8 lbs “all in” seems to be the sweet spot. My Finnlights are 7 1/4 lbs. loaded with scope and sling.

Anyway, my 2 cents.....
I've been eyeballing a .270 Finnlight for a few weeks. How do you like that stock?

Mosby

WKR
What 12 oz stock?

>>>----JAKE----->
There used to be a company called Lone Wolf out of Colorado if I am remembering correctly. Its been several years. They had their own stock molds and you had to send the action to them for fit and bedding. I sent them my model 7 and had it re stocked. Lightest weight rifle I own.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going old school; 1952 Remington 760 GameMaster in 30-06. My grandfather's got one with a custom stock he made, comes in at 7.45lbs with scope, sling, and an empty mag. Hurts like hell to shoot since the stock is a bit short for me but it's nice to lug around the mountains.

Mosby

WKR

Anyway, my 2 cents.....

I bought a Kimber BGR when they first came out years ago. It couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the factory barrel at the range. Had a Hart barrel and a Mcmillan stock put on it. I have killed a lot of deer with it but it isn't an MOA rifle. I normally get rid of inaccurate rifles and probably should have just sold the Kimber but I was young and foolish.

I have never bought another Kimber and would buy a Sako or Model 7 before I got another.