Best of the West Outfitters

tdhanses

WKR
Anyone hunt with them, out of Pinedale, WY. Talked to Jordan and they are not affiliated with the TV show.

They seem to have good feedback from what I’ve seen, even from those that were not successful.

I’ve never done a guided hunt but won one with them at an RMEF banquet.

Hondo

WKR
You hit the jackpot!

I had the pleasure of cooking for Best of the West Outfitters during the 2018 Mule Deer & Elk season. Great bunch of experienced and hard working guides that are also fun to hang out with.. Bruce Lindsey is the outfitter and he is as good as they come. I believe you will have a great experience.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
You hit the jackpot!

I had the pleasure of cooking for Best of the West Outfitters during the 2018 Mule Deer & Elk season. Great bunch of experienced and hard working guides that are also fun to hang out with.. Bruce Lindsey is the outfitter and he is as good as they come. I believe you will have a great experience.

That’s great to hear, did you cook at the drive up camp or wilderness? Sounds like pretty good success rates, quality bulls and the people are good. So far Bruce has been great to chat with.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I’d highly recommend staying away from best of the west.
find a different outfitter if you expect a safe and pleasant outdoor experience.
In just a few weeks, I saw NUMEROUS clients get badly injured due to being bucked off stock, mocked by staff, and treated poorly.

The employees are careless and don’t pay attention to stock clients are put on, and, even worse, dangerous/ill mannered stock are kept around to be used on these high dollar outings without regard to client safety.

Just this season, a client was refused a refund for a several thousand dollar UPCOMING hunt after being badly bucked off a horse and injuring his back in the backcountry on the Best of the West hunt he was currently on. Often after the clients were out of camp or hearing range, staff would mock them for their injuries, hunting abilities, or tip amounts.

Numerous clients left hunts angry with their experiences, the poor staff and guide behaviors, and the careless attitude of the owner that refuses to make poor situations right.

This is just the beginning.

The racist sentiments displayed by the owner created a tense environment and I listened to the owner state that parts of Wyoming were overrun with ‘slant-eyed motherfuckers’ in reference to Asian people.

it’s a bad deal
Interesting, I didn’t experience anything you speak of and 80% of the hunters with them that I met were repeat customers. Sorry you had a much different experience then I did. I’ll be going back as it was an amazing experience, the stock was also amazing. Bruce did say he had 2 guys break their arms and 1 guy break a leg, horses are animals and crap can and does happen to anyone using or owning stock.

I think the main issue is people with lack of experience around stock going on these hunts as I could see why people would be scared riding in the dark, off trails through blow downs, trails with cliffs on one side, sliding in the mud, snow and ice but this is just reality when hunting off stock. Animals can and do spook, my horse spooked a few times and slipped and went down on it’s knees a couple times as well.

They took amazing care of their stock, always rotating them out, giving them a day off or more and picking stock based on one’s abilities. I rode a different horse every day that had been rested, pretty amazing the investment he made to be able to even rotate stock and not just abuse his stock.

Also how did you SEE NUMEROUS clients get hurt? Did you never get out of camp or all hunt together?

Again sorry to hear about your experience, mine was nothing but amazing.

I never once heard a racist word said by anyone, I did make fun of the guides and Bruce, the outfitter, often and felt like I was around old friends, the food was amazing just don’t piss off the cook, she’s tough and all the employees in camp made for a great experience. Everyone I talked to had a great experience even if they weren’t successful. My guide never once put me in a situation I felt unsafe and I got the same feeling the others I shared camp with would agree with me.

Almost sounds like you were an employee that maybe didn’t have a great experience working there or last long if you were there only a few weeks.

B5B391D4-6A2F-44C1-BAAD-6F4DC025659A.jpegC3D76DDC-4705-4A42-979C-5EA9020D6F7F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I thought your hunt wasn't until 2022. I love Pinedale, will be there the last week of December.
I couldn’t wait, the outfitter let me decide if i wanted to go 2021 or 2022. That area is pretty cool, I could see living there.

Hondo

WKR
Almost sounds like you were an employee that maybe didn’t have a great experience working there or last long if you were there only a few weeks.

Bingo, minus the almost part. All the camps I experienced with them were primarily comprised of repeat clients.

Last edited:
I’d highly recommend staying away from best of the west.
find a different outfitter if you expect a safe and pleasant outdoor experience.
In just a few weeks, I saw NUMEROUS clients get badly injured due to being bucked off stock, mocked by staff, and treated poorly.

The employees are careless and don’t pay attention to stock clients are put on, and, even worse, dangerous/ill mannered stock are kept around to be used on these high dollar outings without regard to client safety.

Just this season, a client was refused a refund for a several thousand dollar UPCOMING hunt after being badly bucked off a horse and injuring his back in the backcountry on the Best of the West hunt he was currently on. Often after the clients were out of camp or hearing range, staff would mock them for their injuries, hunting abilities, or tip amounts.

Numerous clients left hunts angry with their experiences, the poor staff and guide behaviors, and the careless attitude of the owner that refuses to make poor situations right.

This is just the beginning.

The racist sentiments displayed by the owner created a tense environment and I listened to the owner state that parts of Wyoming were overrun with ‘slant-eyed motherfuckers’ in reference to Asian people.

it’s a bad deal
Anyone hunt with them, out of Pinedale, WY. Talked to Jordan and they are not affiliated with the TV show.

They seem to have good feedback from what I’ve seen, even from those that were not successful.

I’ve never done a guided hunt but won one with them at an RMEF banquet.
It was great having you in camp. I hope you enjoyed your experience. Keep posting about us.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Sounds like someone got shit canned and has a vendetta..

No comment on the outfitter as I have no experience with them..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I can think of 2 that were shit canned because they were lazy or didn’t show up, not gonna lie, others had to pull extra weight because of them and did an amazing job, as a client and not employee I was impressed.

Kind of annoying to me when lazy people complain.

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen for shedding a little light on your experience with us. Our profession and your chosen sport is without doubt challenging to the best prepared. I assure you that we give our best efforts in helping you achieve your goals and dreams.

Samantha Strable miss represented her qualifications on her resume and interview. I was disappointed that she put us in the position to terminate her employment. I am extremely disappointed that she would fall to this level and misrepresent us.

I am not saying we are perfect, but we certainly do care about each one of you and you experience.

If anyone would like to contact me to discuss absolutely anything… please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at:
(307) 221-4752 or [email protected]

Best regards,
Bruce Lindsey

Attachments

• B678EF15-45CA-4B75-B70B-ED89131CAFC8.jpeg
    B678EF15-45CA-4B75-B70B-ED89131CAFC8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 203
OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Thank you gentlemen for shedding a little light on your experience with us. Our profession and your chosen sport is without doubt challenging to the best prepared. I assure you that we give our best efforts in helping you achieve your goals and dreams.

Samantha Strable miss represented her qualifications on her resume and interview. I was disappointed that she put us in the position to terminate her employment. I am extremely disappointed that she would fall to this level and misrepresent us.
I am not saying we are perfect, but we certainly do care about each one of you and you experience.

If anyone would like to contact me to discuss absolutely anything… please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at:
(307) 221-4752 or [email protected]

Best regards,
Bruce Lindsey
Bruce, you run a first class operation and have amazing guides, I couldn’t of asked for a better first experience on a guided hunt as I mainly do diy. I feel some think these are trail rides and don’t understand that they are not a cake walk hunt. You have a very professional operation and i still can’t believe the investment you’ve put into your stock and how well they are taken care of.

That bull is a stud and I can attest to the fact I glassed up numerous bulls bigger just couldn’t get on them.

Last pics, as you can see they even let their stock out to graze when they are resting, took these after I’d shot my bull.

2A32FA29-3650-4D06-B38B-C80AD9B02E19.jpegE72DB9AC-54AD-4713-87EE-0D4D271F3F01.jpeg

Last edited:

Oilfieldmiller

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with Best of the West for elk in 2018. Fantastic time and highly recommend them. Had 6 hunters in camp and 5 elk down and the 6th person had several chances. Bruce runs a good outfit.

I will say that the guides don’t go easy on you in the sense that they will push your horsemanship skills and put in long days to get you in position for a kill. Loved that about them. We were hunting west of Big Piney.

f401f92a87597904eb0f12ebf8e31b9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
I hunted with Best of the West for elk in 2018. Fantastic time and highly recommend them. Had 6 hunters in camp and 5 elk down and the 6th person had several chances. Bruce runs a good outfit.

I will say that the guides don’t go easy on you in the sense that they will push your horsemanship skills and put in long days to get you in position for a kill. Loved that about them. We were hunting west of Big Piney.

f401f92a87597904eb0f12ebf8e31b9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you Anthony?