Best OTC hunt in late December/Early January

szwags

FNG
Hi,
My buddy and I are trying to plan a trip after our fall semester and will be home around Christmas. Any hunt is welcome haha

Northpark

WKR
For the cost (or cheaper) of an out of state elk tag a whole world of exotics/hogs in Texas opens up. Otherwise come bang your head against a wall trying to stalk a coues deer with a bow in AZ. But seriously coues deer are jumpy. Take your normal jumpy whitetail then give him a redbull.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been considering the Arizona deer hunt. If you buy your tag/ license in January I believe it’s good for that entire calendar year. So until December 31. You could essentially hunt any month the season is open throughout the year. I haven’t hunted it yet so I can’t say I’m 100% sure about that, but I think I remember reading that.

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Brother is a stud and made both those things happen. I was a bystander for all intents and purpose. Lucky to be along for the ride.

OP
S

szwags

FNG
For the cost (or cheaper) of an out of state elk tag a whole world of exotics/hogs in Texas opens up. Otherwise come bang your head against a wall trying to stalk a coues deer with a bow in AZ. But seriously coues deer are jumpy. Take your normal jumpy whitetail then give him a redbull.
Are the exotic hunts public land, if so very interested.

Northpark

WKR
Are the exotic hunts public land, if so very interested.
Generally no. Texas is like 97% private land. So it’s pay to play. But isn’t all high fence by any means. If you look around for deals it can be done cheaper than hunting elk. If you want PM me and I can offer up some more specific info.