Best phone for kill photos?

What do y’all think the best phone for kill photos is? The lastest iPhone is pretty amazing, but it’s 12 MP. The Samsung S21 Ultra is 108 MP.. is it that more amazing?

Rodmor80

FNG
The note 20 has a pretty legit camera and has a ton of manual customizations plus you can use the pen to take the photo.

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Had the s20 ultra with the 108MP and also had a google pixel. Currently I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and it’s night and day ahead of both. iPhone 13 is suppose to have a telephoto like Samsung so Iam sure it will pull ahead even further. Good luck

haleszarz

FNG
In my opinion, the iPhone and Samsung have the best camera. They have approximately the same functions and technologies. When I was at a photoshoot with my photographer friend, I asked which phone has the best camera for photos and why. He explained everything to me and said that the only thing on the iPhone and Apple, in general, is to retouch pictures better. It may be accurate, but a few weeks ago, I wanted to restore some old photos of my parents. Fortunately, I came across a retouching site photorelive.com recommended to me by my photographer. How beautiful are the pictures of my parents in their youth...

Last edited:

idcuda

WKR
Any of the newer phones will work for pics in bright situations. They're all good. More pixels might be good, if you're expecting to make large prints.

I’m still rocking the iPhone X and it SUX compared to whatever Samsung Note my buddy has - pictures of everything from our arctic Lynx trophy photos to the Aurora Borealis were, literally, 2.5-3X better quality than my camera took. BUT I’ve seen some AMAZING photos taken with the iPhone 12 Pro models - particularly low light hero situations! They were better than any phone pix I’ve seen. The KEY to this is that the 12 Pro models have a “Lidar” Sensor that shoots an invisible beam out to measure the exact distance to the camera subject, allowing it to make perfect focus adjustments and better exposure calculations. This feature is NOT available on any other iPhone 12 models; it’s limited to the “Pro” models. All the best/most accurate rumors about the soon-to-be-released iphone 13 (possibly to be named the 12S) say that this next generation will still limit the Lidar feature to the “Pro” models. In addition, this next generation is supposed to have highly upgraded and larger lenses, making for significantly improved camera performance. Im still using this busted-ass old iPhone X while I’m WAITING on the late September release of the new iphone 13 Pro Max, specifically for the incredible camera!

I take a ton of hero/trophy photos for hunters on the ranch I manage. So, I’m REALLY looking forward to the Lidar feature and the huge jump in camera quality, from this old phone! If you’re not willing to shell out the $$ for a Pro model iphone (the 12 Pro model prices should drop some when they release this new generation) I think you’re better off with a top of the line Galaxy Note. If you want the “best” wait for the new iphone to come out - it’s only 2 months away!

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Arrow

FNG
I have used them all to take outdoor pictures. I personally use an Ipone and always upgrade models upon a new release. The key though is to download an app that lets you take full manual control over your camera settings allowing you to set ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. Back that up with a good editing program to color grade and you will be set.