Best place to buy Nikon p1000 camera ?

I've done very little video with it, but here's a link to something I shot off the front porch tonight,a guy would need to spend some time getting your tripod setup dialed in for long distance stuff. According to my range finder the pole barn in the background is 550 yards. My P900 only does 1080 so the 4k from the P1000 should be better yet.

Jimss

WKR
I was out with my 950 this weekend and impressed with it's zoom performance. It's a bit bulky to haul around. The P1000 is a chunk larger and heavier. Obviously it would be nice to have a little higher power lense but there comes a point of how much do you want to haul around. In some situations I can handhold my 950. I'm not sure I could do that with a P1000,

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
I am getting a tripod for my rifle, and will use it for the camera ( if I get one) also. I have a photo back pack already ( lowepro) that it should fit nicely in. And a fanny pack type camera bag i believe it will fit in also. 90% of the time I will be filming sons and grand kids hunting fishing and usually not far from the vehicle ( truck or utv) the few times I would pack back in, I most likely would take my small canon video camera I use now. The spotting scope I use now is slightly over 4 pounds and has to be longer and at least as big around as this camera. So I don’t think size and weight will be an issue.

Last edited:

Jimss

WKR
I was hauling my spotting scope, tripod, binos, and large 950 camera plus other gear around last week. Lots of stuff to pack around but it's worth it! It helps keep me in shape!

I have a quick release on my tripod so I can quickly change from spotter to camera. I also have another adapter for swapping from window mount to tripod. If I understand you correctly you are considering a rifle tripod (shooting sticks) in addition to a tripod for your spotter? If I can't shoot from a prone position I often place my rifle on top of my spotting scope/tripod arm when shooting in tall grass or brush. That way I don't have to haul around shooting sticks plus a spotting scope tripod.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
I am getting a pig 0311( tripod) with a ball head. Then will add Arca ( what ever they are called) plates to rifle and camera, so I can easily switch back and forth. I have atlas bipod on rifle now.