Best place to buy Swaros

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
And absolutely none of those sellers contribute to this forum. I think you would be surprised if you called Cameraland and discussed options with them. Sponsors like Cameraland are what makes this site what it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just for the record I went through Black Ovis with a rokslide discount code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfreidy

WKR
Great info here! I too will be pulling the trigger on some SLCs as soon as I know I don’t owe Uncle Sam a small fortune like last year :(

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
And absolutely none of those sellers contribute to this forum. I think you would be surprised if you called Cameraland and discussed options with them. Sponsors like Cameraland are what makes this site what it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Easy killer. Holster your weapon. I have no beef with you, Cameraland or any sponsor. I was genuinely responding to a question that I felt I could help a fellow hunter save a few bucks. I know for me, doing research for pricey items is important as I have a family to support, and suffer from some very expensive hobbies.....

I was under the impression the MAIN purpose of this site was to share info amongst each other in a non biased manner.
My response, experience and opinion was reflected in my post. It was not meant to offend anyone.

And I recall the Commandant himself spelling it out very clearly......it was something to the fact of "Capitalism over Patriotism"

Post #39

So if one of the head shed guys can freely choose where his dollars are spent, I'm guessing I can as well.

tdhanses

WKR
I called Doug today and talked to him for a bit. Great guy and obviously has earned the great reputation he has on here. After we discussed things and he offered me a really good deal and I told him my other options he told me that I needed to jump all over them from another dealer. For a guy to pass up a big sale and tell you to go get the best deal says a lot about the guy. He’ll get the first look whenever I’m looking for any glass from now on.

Question, if the savings are not significant just know buying my from Doug or any sponsors (one shot gear, S&S archery, Black ovis all sell optics etc) is what gives you this platform to ask this question. That said maybe the other seller is a sponsor and great if so.

But if we want places like this to thrive we have to support what keeps it going. We can’t just walk into a Cabela’s, test everything out and then go find the best deal elsewhere and then complain a few years later how it either has gone to crap or is gone.

Edit: just saw you went through Black Ovis, good deal!

tdhanses

WKR
Easy killer. Holster your weapon. I have no beef with you, Cameraland or any sponsor. I was genuinely responding to a question that I felt I could help a fellow hunter save a few bucks. I know for me, doing research for pricey items is important as I have a family to support, and suffer from some very expensive hobbies.....

I was under the impression the MAIN purpose of this site was to share info amongst each other in a non biased manner.
My response, experience and opinion was reflected in my post. It was not meant to offend anyone.

And I recall the Commandant himself spelling it out very clearly......it was something to the fact of "Capitalism over Patriotism"

Post #39

So if one of the head shed guys can freely choose where his dollars are spent, I'm guessing I can as well.

Yes you can but I always look at the fact sponsors are what make this place work, we add the content but don’t pay the bills. Sponsors will only stay as long as we support them, so it all goes around.

If the savings isn’t extremely diff from a sponsor I personally have made a decision to support those that support us.

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Question, if the savings are not significant just know buying my from Doug or any sponsors (one shot gear, S&S archery, Black ovis all sell optics etc) is what gives you this platform to ask this question. That said maybe the other seller is a sponsor and great if so.

But if we want places like this to thrive we have to support what keeps it going. We can’t just walk into a Cabela’s, test everything out and then go find the best deal elsewhere and then complain a few years later how it either has gone to crap or is gone.

Edit: just saw you went through Black Ovis, good deal!

So i didn’t originally mention it bc I didn’t want to steer people away from Doug. That follow up post was strictly to give a shout out to Doug and the fact that he was an honest good guy.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yes you can but I always look at the fact sponsors are what make this place work, we add the content but don’t pay the bills. Sponsors will only stay as long as we support them, so it all goes around.

If the savings isn’t extremely diff from a sponsor I personally have made a decision to support those that support us.

I agree-I have made several gear purchases from our sponsors and do think if it’s only a few bucks difference-throw it their way for sure.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
FWIW, for major items, I usually start with gun.deals website (you can search for more than just firearms), and the site returns many (but not all) online vendors. I too am considering some Swaro binos, and the 8x42 SLCs are selling for $1549 at a few places. That is also the exact same price that Doug is offering, but for some reason his site doesn't show up on gun.deals - but I know to check his site (and hope others do too).