Best place to sell camera and lens?

TubbsTru

WKR
I tried searching this forum but didn't find anything...so forgive me if it's been discussed before:

Wondering where folks are having best success selling their cameras/lenses? Here on Rokslide?

I have a Nikon D7500 and Tamron SP 150-600mm G2 I'm looking to unload.

(pics below taken with this setup--a good setup for anyone just getting going)

E7811896-7CC2-47E8-A7C1-111AA3C6CED6.jpeg542AE6BC-09A6-4124-B533-50ED1A1C4E14.jpeg

Best bet is to list it in the classified section on the forum. Try that, no fees, for a week or 2. If that fails then list them on Ebay. DO NOT combine them. You will get more that way. Also don't fall in love with your equipment. Look at completed auctions on Ebay and see the range that items actually sold for. Asking price means nothing, only what they sold for. Hope for the higher prices but pay attention to the dates and when rebates on new goods start and end. That will effect the price of used goods. The 150-600 lens you have has a $200 instant rebate now, from 3/1-5/2. So you may see higher prices from before 3/1

You can call me and we can work out a deal if you don't want to deal with Ebay. If you do call we need to know the condition as close as you can get, what you have, battery, charger, caps, hood etc

Good luck
Joel
516-217-1000

OP
TubbsTru

TubbsTru

WKR
Best bet is to list it in the classified section on the forum. Try that, no fees, for a week or 2. If that fails then list them on Ebay. DO NOT combine them. You will get more that way. Also don't fall in love with your equipment. Look at completed auctions on Ebay and see the range that items actually sold for. Asking price means nothing, only what they sold for. Hope for the higher prices but pay attention to the dates and when rebates on new goods start and end. That will effect the price of used goods. The 150-600 lens you have has a $200 instant rebate now, from 3/1-5/2. So you may see higher prices from before 3/1

You can call me and we can work out a deal if you don't want to deal with Ebay. If you do call we need to know the condition as close as you can get, what you have, battery, charger, caps, hood etc

Good luck
Joel
516-217-1000
Hey Joel--thanks so much for the help.

dduarte85

FNG
You could also join a dedicated forum for photography... the best is GETDPI and Photrio.
I would avoid eBay at all costs...

1.) the fee can be tough to swallow
2.) eBay sides with buyers 99% of the time and many sales end with a message “oh, you didn’t describe that small scratch near the tripod socket. I’d like a partial refund”... “oh , no refund? Ok I’ll open a PayPal claim” and boom. You lose.

Rob5589

WKR
When I got out of the hobby I sold everything to KEH.com. They pay well, are fast, and very fair with their condition assessments.

I found that photo enthusiasts buy new gear (bodies mostly) fairly frequently so selling used gear on photography forums was hit or miss.

I've sold and bought on Fred Miranda. It's a site for dedicated photo enthusiasts. I've also sold on eBay but the price you net is not as good due to all the fees, esp. when Paypal was the only payment option. I find dedicated sites to provide more personable interaction.

Jonesry09

Lil-Rokslider
There are dedicated groups on Facebook for each brand. I know the Sony group buy/sell is very active and there is lots of good stuff.

Photography on the Net is camera based. They have a Marketplace forum that is great to sell used gear.