Best Practices for Making Purchases on the Classified Section

pozzit

FNG
I'm a new user, and I plan to make some purchases in the Classifieds section in the future. However, it's not clear to me how to ensure someone receives my payment but also sends the item.

What's the most common way to make purchases on this site? And how do 3rd party service providers ensure that requirements are met for the seller and buyer?
New user trying to post to gain classified access

Also be aware that PayPal will not protect you purchasing firearms or anything related to firearms. They'll just take your money and remind you that you agreed to their terms and conditions.

Is there a go-to standard for firearm purchases outside of PayPal?

I figure it’s mostly up to the seller’s discretion. On other forums I’ve tried to use a combination of good judgement via PayPal, certified money orders, etc. when dealing with firearms, but it seems like these methods all have some kind of compromise involved.

Last edited:
From what I have read on this post, it seems to work to work like the other classified forums I belong to.

PRC_GUY

WKR
Be aware of WTB , those scumbag will send you a message and say ( my buddy or my cousin etc have your item and will let go For a reasonable price) that is red flag
No Venmo or cash Apps, cashiers check. PayPal will protect you and always stay away from those new members. Look for good feedback.

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
I got took on Hunttalk when I was looking for a rangefinder. Lots of lessons learned. When a complete stranger starts with "Hey buddy" red flag, I had 3 contact me with 11 or less posts. I missed them then, not again.

Toledo

FNG
Ask questions, check their history, call on phone if necessary, ask for feedback on other sites, etc.