• FF Helios

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Western Mountaineering Flight

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other please specify

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters

WKR
Been using a Kifaru Lost Park Puffy this fall and winter. Its a great piece of gear. Have had several other name brand puffy coats and none are close to it for warmth. Kids been using them for years and I was the slow adopter.

j33

WKR
Been using a Kifaru Lost Park Puffy this fall and winter. Its a great piece of gear. Have had several other name brand puffy coats and none are close to it for warmth. Kids been using them for years and I was the slow adopter.
The LLP confuses me with how warm I read it is for warmth as it only has 3.6oz Apex insulation. Which puffy's do you find it's warmer than?

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had more than 9 puffs from different makers. All have been top quality makers and the two best I’ve had are Kryptek and Rab. Better than Patagonia or Cañada Goose candidly. I will say my two Sitka puffys are nice but not as nice as Kryptek or Rab.

WKR
We've had 4 First Lite Uncompahgre jackets and an Arc'teryx. I think the quarter zip LPP retains heat better due to no seam in front. Those are the only ones I have compared it to.

Last edited:
Reactions: j33

Todd N

FNG
Running the Kifaru LPP, a bit heavier than others but reinforced to last better.

Jordan86

FNG
I own the SG Grumman and love it. It’s the lightest and most compact puffy coat I’ve ever owned. There’s some minor things that they did to cut weight to be aware of:

1) The pockets are unlined, so between your hand and body is nothing but the thin pertex material. No a huge deal, just not as good at warming your hands as other jackets.

2) There’s no drawstring on the bottom to chinch it down. The rear portion is stretchy/elastic but, you can’t adjust it.

3) The stuff sack is a separate piece. There’s no stuff sack built into the jacket, it’s a separate bag.

These are all minor things but, it’s little luxuries they left out that most other jackets have. This is VERY warm for its size but, it’s not the warmest down coat out there. It’s incredibly efficient for weight to warmth ratio. Realizing those things, it’s a great jacket. I will probably buy one of their vests (when they release them) to supplement warmth for really late hunts... or end up buying a FF Helios as an alternative for really cold late season hunts.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Rab Electron is best I’ve tried so far
7.1 oz Treated 800 fill down, weighs 17 oz is super warm, has a great hood design, large pockets, waist cinch, durable and excellent fit and finish.