Best Quilt and Why ?

CO-AJ

WKR
I would say Katabatic and El Coyote are the two I read the most positive comments about. Katabatic is expensive but I read they are pretty accurate with their ratings, similar to Western Mountaineering. El Coyote I read rave reviews on the customer service. I don't think you would go wrong with either.

I have had three quilts made by Enlightened Equipment. My first was a revelation, I liked it but traded it for a Convert. It was a 30° version and down. The design allows for it to be used like a blanket, quilt or sleeping bag. I liked it so much I bought a new one in 30°, built with my choice if fabric and its synthetic. The wait drove me nuts and I wasn’t real impressed with the EE customer service. I bought it before covid and waited through covid patiently. When I started getting emails about new products being released I inquired and had a difference of opinion with the staff. I eventually got my quilt and I am about 90% happy with it. My only gripe is the biggest. These zippers suck. Like really f*cking suck. I fight with them all the time. As soon as I am home from my hunting trip I will get them replaced.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have had three quilts made by Enlightened Equipment. My first was a revelation, I liked it but traded it for a Convert. It was a 30° version and down. The design allows for it to be used like a blanket, quilt or sleeping bag. I liked it so much I bought a new one in 30°, built with my choice if fabric and its synthetic. The wait drove me nuts and I wasn’t real impressed with the EE customer service. I bought it before covid and waited through covid patiently. When I started getting emails about new products being released I inquired and had a difference of opinion with the staff. I eventually got my quilt and I am about 90% happy with it. My only gripe is the biggest. These zippers suck. Like really f*cking suck. I fight with them all the time. As soon as I am home from my hunting trip I will get them replaced.
Arrowhead Equipment will custom make you a synthetic quilt in just a few days. They're here in Idaho and they've answered my emails really quick when I've had questions on specs and what not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I've been alternating between El Coyote 40F and 20F quilts for all my high Sierra trips this year and couldn't be happier with the overall performance and high quality construction/attention to detail - but what initially made me purchase was the exceptional customer service Brian at El Coyote provided/provides.
Additionally, I don't know what it is but the fabric on my El Coyote feels softer to the skin than any other sleeping bag/quilt that I've yet to use.

I might have to splurge and add another quilt to my quiver (a 30F is very tempting) as El Coyote is having a Labor Day sale offering 10% off all products/quilts.

truehaun

FNG
I got a 0° UGQ bandit xl a couple years ago and love it. Probably gonna order a 40° on Black Friday to use next year during warmer weather. The pad I use with it is thermarest xtherm max. Never going back to a bag. Quilts are the best.

feanor

WKR
This was the first year using a katabatic flex 15 quilt for me. I really like the versatility from summer use all the way into fall. Open up the foot box , spread it out and breathe in the summer. Draw it up and snuggle in the fall. I won’t be using it on rifle seasons though- I sleep cold in general and will rely on a mummy when the temps really drop. My katabatic is very nice on the fit and finish though. I got a factory second blemished, but couldn’t see where the blemish was haha