Best rain gear for tree stand and turkey hunting?

11bhank

FNG
Do not get the Sitka dew point for tree stand hunting. It’s too noisy. You’ll definitely want the Sitka downpour! Awesome jacket, it’s super quite for rain gear. I’ve sat in the pouring rain for multiple days and it does the job. I put a puffy under it and by doing that you can wear it in a wide range of temps. I’ve personally used the jacket for spring turkeys and whitetails from early bow season in Arkansas and November bow season in northern Missouri. Awesome jacket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11bhank

FNG
Another good thing about the downpour is the sleeves are tapered at the forearm down to the cuff. It’s nice when bow hunting. I actually prefer that jacket over like a fanatic with proper layering due to the tapered sleeves. To me clothing makers forget how to make clothing for bow hunters. I have to really watch my bow string catching on the forearm of my fanatic jacket. It causes my arrow to drop if it catches. Other than that the fanatic jacket is the bomb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I like the poncho idea! Any certain ponchos that you guys prefer.

Swiss army for hiking and US army for everything else, check ebay. Swiss army button like a jacket so you could feasibly keep a weapon dry under it and still be ready.

Swiss army for hiking and US army for everything else, check ebay. Swiss army button like a jacket so you could feasibly keep a weapon dry under it and still be ready.

I got the same ones. I use the USGI one the most as it’s light and packs down small. The Swiss Army one is pretty heavy duty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I got the same ones. I use the USGI one the most as it’s light and packs down small. The Swiss Army one is pretty heavy duty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swiss army one is heavy and bulky to pack but does offer some options that the usgi poncho does not. I also have an old canvas poncho that is pretty awesome....outlaw Josey Wales style....found it at a gun show(y)

Last edited:

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
No one has mentioned River West. Back when I treestand hunted, and turkey hunted back east, thats all I used. Hands down more durable than anything mentioned above, quiet, and probably less expensive than most others mentioned. However, it is HOT if doing a lot of walking.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk