Best Ramen Brand?

xcutter

WKR
I've always bought the Maruchan chicken flavor. I'm curious what everyone's favorite's are. Brand, flavor, home made, added in stuff for the field like meat, etc...

rclouse79

WKR
Check out "Naked" cup of noodles at Walmart. They have a lot lower sodium and saturated fat than your standard cup of noodles. I like the throw a tuna pack in as a cheap substitute for a mountain house.

I'm a suckered for any of the Korean ramen noodles. Shin and the ones mentioned above are top notch.

I like to add extra kimchi, a braught, and a slice of Kraft cheese to Shin ramen. In Korea is called 'company' (the military unit) stew. It sounds nuts but adding the slice of cheese makes it awesome.

ScottP

WKR
Lotus or King Soba brown rice ramen. Homemade bone broth or powdered depending on if I'm car camping or not. The noodles take ~5min of simmering to cook but way better than the instant stuff IMO. You can add any of the above items to make it interesting. I dry mushrooms that I grind to a powder and add. Take a few packs of soy sauce and sriracha.

Kodiak13

FNG
The Standard brand makes a Japanese curry one that is fantastic but man the sodium levels in all these are insane. For elk camp and not the pack, Sun Noodle, made in HI, is the best but it’s a fresh noodle hence for camp only

motofrog

FNG
Indo mie brand mi goreng or the spicy flavor. The oil and fried onion in the package makes it damn good.
This! If you come across the Mi Goreng Perisa Asli send it my way, I always look for it when I'm buying bait at the local Asian market. Dude at work gave me one when I forgot lunch and it had the best flavor.

manitou1

WKR
We buy hreen onions and chop them up, put them in baggies and into the freezer so they are always available.
I put a handfull of green onions and some ground red pepper in the pot with water, boil it and add ramen. When ready I put a scrambled up egg in for a couple of minutes.
Occasionally I will put choped leftover fish, fish sticks, chicken or roast in.
Love the stuff. I wish it wasn't so bad for you.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Using only one pot:
Sautee sliced onions and bell peppers and set aside
Then cook Nongshim brand Chapagetti jjagang noodles per package directions.
Half way through add and a handful of spanich if ur wife is nagging you about eating healthy.
Towards the end add pregrilled and sliced deer meat (cold is fine).
Then add onions and peppers.
Eat out of that pot, less dishes to do after.
3713375040d99e9f1bc6c09e20e8568e.jpg

Maruchan is your best bet for "bargain" ramen (<$0.50/pack)
Shin Ramen is a game changer if you buck up in price ($1-2/pack)
Lotus foods ramen is a bit different in terms of flavor and texture, and doesn't have palm oil (I guess you'd call me an environmentalist for worrying about such things, but...guilty). However it is a bit pricier (~2-3 bucks a pack) and doesn't have quite as many calories as the others.

I always add dehydrated shredded elk meat to mine... makes it much more hearty and adds some needed protein

Chape1rm

Lil-Rokslider
Lotus foods rice Ramen + lono life Thai curry bone broth + your favorite jerky or snack stick.

zhoward1

FNG
+1 for Shin black, although I have been leaning towards open faced sandwitches as of late. Lay down tin foil on the grate bread and load up the meat of your choice.

Another vote for Shin Black.

There's a few on here I will have to keep an eye for as well.

I personally don't care for the Lotus brand.

Shin is good. If you have one available, a trip to a decent Asian grocery can open up a whole lot of options. I am a sucker for the Korean versions and anything spicy. grab a few and try them out At home. Just be mindful that some of them require a little boiling - 3 to 5 mins - to fully cook.

jaric

FNG
I had no idea anything other than marchan existed. Going to have to try shin.