Best ranger finder for your buck?!

I am currently looking to buy a new rangefinder but dont want to break the bank.

Whats everyones thoughts or suggestions?

Felix40

WKR
I got my bushnell arc 1000 off ebay for $80. Ive used it a lot with no issues. Around 750 is the limit it will actually hit.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
It really depends on what you want to do with it and what 'the bank' looks like. The current trend is at least integrated ballistics to some degree, and better still, connectivity to external devices like phones, Kestrels, even scopes.

What is your budget and what are your needs? Is this for archery only, general hunting, long range shooting?

leebr10

FNG
Agreed, really depends on your budget and expectations (distance, reflective/non-reflective target, integrated ballistics, bino/mono). For $300 I would look at a Sig Kilo 2000/2200 or Leica 1600/2000 At $500, a Leica 2400R. At $1000 the Vortex Fury 5000 or Sig 2400.

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple older bushnell's that are still working for me but have quite a but if field time with the newer Vortex and Sig rangefinders because friends have them. For a $300-400 unit I think Sig takes it right now. Super fast and reliable readings in my experience. Vortex seems okay but not as impressive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have been using a Nikon Black Range X 4K since last summer and have been very impressed with it. It replaced a Sig Kilo 1250 that I had a tough time ranging animals with over 450 yards. I liked the sig a lot, and might have kept it had I bought the 2200 originally. But for the money, I am very happy with the Nikon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twiser13

FNG
I'm in the same boat and shopping for new range finder. Can anyone tell if any of the sig models come with a red reticle/display? The leupold 1200/1600 I've looked thru have the red and that is a game changer for me.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
It depends on which Sig RF you are looking at. Some of the lower end one's, like my son's 850, do not. The higher end ones, like the 2400 BDX and the 3kBDX do. Is there are particular one you are interested in?

skierhs

WKR
What will You be using it for? Archery or rifle? Do you want to be able to hook it up with a kestrel or not?

Twiser13

FNG
mainly using for archery hunting and upgrading from 10 yr old bushnell. Won't be using for ballistics. Thanks

skierhs

WKR
I’d look at the Leica 2400-r or 1600-r than. That glass is top quality and the ranging power is far more than anything you need for archery. The -R designation provides the horizontal range without the extra cost of ballistics.

Flogger

FNG
I like everything about the vortex 1300 except it’s slow. I’ve got several old leupolds that readout way faster than the vortex. I’m leaning towards a new Leupold or sig for my next rangefinder. The OLED display is a must in my opinion.

Edit: I wish other companies would put the belt clip on their rangefinders like the Vortex. That belt clip is incredibly handy. I can clip in to my bino harness with a tether and it’s always at my fingertips.

I've got a Sig Kilo 2000MR and it's awesome. Way, way faster than my buddy's comparable Leica (I think a 1600?). I ranged some rocks with it at just over 2000 yards this weekend, and it'll do brush and trees out to around 1000 or so. For the money, I can't imagine a better unit. The newer models have the BDX system, which would be great if you use that.

ORdude

FNG
The Sig 2200 often goes on sale at cabelas for 100$ off making it 400$ I really like mine.

TripleJ

WKR
I switched to a Sig a couple seasons ago and I've had great luck with it.

NYSKIER

WKR
Any of those mentioned above come with the scan function? I've been looking into a new rangefinder as well and after having some ranging issues in tall grass I was looking into a rangefinder with these capabilities

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Any of those mentioned above come with the scan function? I've been looking into a new rangefinder as well and after having some ranging issues in tall grass I was looking into a rangefinder with these capabilities
Sig's do come with a scan function that works pretty well. Sigs are also very fast, both in terms of scan and manual re-range speed, which is nice.

Though my Leicas are slower in terms of re-range speed, I do find them to be very precise when ranging, their sensor positioning tends to be very precise and their divergence on their CRF models is very small, so they are very easy to hit just what you are aiming for.