Best replacement/add on stove jack

Hello all,
I purchased a snow peak 2 entry tent in the hopes of turning it into a semi light weight hot tent I could pack with livestock. I would have purchased the cabelas instinct outfitter tent if they still made them.
My question is; what stove jack you've added to a tent and how has your experience been with it. I have a luxe and seek hot tipi and didn't have very food success with the luxe stove jack. It made it about 30 minutes in some light winds with gusts to 15 mph. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Legend

WKR
I cut the hole in the tent. Then sewed velcro to the tent opening. And then sewed velcro to stove jack. And finally i sewed velcro to a clear piece of vinyl. During the summer I have a window.

I also think it is important to sew a rain flap on the high side of the hole. Good luck

11boo

WKR
I have used two stove jacks from Bear Paw Wilderness Designs and have been very happy with them. Here's a link to a video on installation.

Wish I had found that one. I bought a chicom one. Just finished the installation, used this. Not sure on how good it will work but seems good and flexible.

Attachments

• C553C8C1-F8D2-40AA-AF23-A05FEFD0EDC3.jpeg
    C553C8C1-F8D2-40AA-AF23-A05FEFD0EDC3.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 099DDCEC-2395-4169-9E90-D59E2F34A8BF.jpeg
    099DDCEC-2395-4169-9E90-D59E2F34A8BF.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 7

gsmitty

FNG
Hello all,
I purchased a snow peak 2 entry tent in the hopes of turning it into a semi light weight hot tent I could pack with livestock. I would have purchased the cabelas instinct outfitter tent if they still made them.
My question is; what stove jack you've added to a tent and how has your experience been with it. I have a luxe and seek hot tipi and didn't have very food success with the luxe stove jack. It made it about 30 minutes in some light winds with gusts to 15 mph. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
9x13 silicon/fiberglass cookie baking sheets. hand stitch and use high heat silicon gasket maker to adhere velcro around the edges.