Best replacement rotors and pads?

Clarence

WKR
Time to freshen up the front brakes on my 17' Silverado 1500. What rotors and pads have you guys found to be the best? I know you can no longer buy U.S. made rotors. Pretty disappointing. Just trying to figure out what to buy,/what to stay away from. Time to get those vehicles right for the season!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have used R1 Concepts in the past for my Tahoe. On my sons Jeep Cherokee, we just bought some Detroit Axle that looked to be of good quality.

bigmoose

WKR
I just put a set of Powerstop rotors and pads on my 4runner. Z36 pads, for towing. I put a set on my wife's Mitsubishi a couple months ago and it was an improvement over stock. I checked them out before buying them and they had pretty good reviews. So far, so good.

Rob5589

WKR
My 03, that my son now has, is using the Powerstop. The heavy duty set, cannot recall the part number. Work very well when hot, great when I flat towed my Jeep, quiet.

OP
Clarence

Clarence

WKR
Thanks for the help guys. Gonna give that powerstop z36 kit a try.

gelton

WKR
Time to freshen up the front brakes on my 17' Silverado 1500. What rotors and pads have you guys found to be the best? I know you can no longer buy U.S. made rotors. Pretty disappointing. Just trying to figure out what to buy,/what to stay away from. Time to get those vehicles right for the season!

How many miles do you have on it? I have a 16' and asked the dealer to check the pads when I had it in for warranty work ~40K miles, and they said I shouldnt need new pads till at least 80K miles...they still look good a 50K +...supposedly the factory ceramic pads hold up pretty well...

OP
Clarence

Clarence

WKR
How many miles do you have on it? I have a 16' and asked the dealer to check the pads when I had it in for warranty work ~40K miles, and they said I shouldnt need new pads till at least 80K miles...they still look good a 50K +...supposedly the factory ceramic pads hold up pretty well...
39,000 miles. Pads aren't totally shot, but rotors are warped a little, and vibrations make me nuts. I live in a pretty heavy traffic area, and have 30 miles of stop and go each day.

Opah

WKR
Life time warranted, I have only paid for my brakes twice, the first time was with Kragan auto parts and when they discontinued LT brakes they refunded my money. I then went to Auto Zone bought Premium ceramic LT and had enough money left for a 6 pack.
My Goat is dam near 100% life time warranted, no other way to go IMHO !

Nuke Man

WKR
I just put Carquest premium ceramic pads and their premium rotors on my 15 Silverado. Whatever GM uses for rotors is garbage. The insides of mine were pitted extremely bad. Of course Midwest winters aren't kind to any metal but as a GM mechanic I saw plenty of the same thing. I've put carquest brakes on all my vehicles and have had really good results.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
Rockauto Powerstop is what I use for all of our vehicles. Haven't had any issues so far.

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
You are already replacing pads AND rotors for a 2017?

Bought my 2005 GMC Yukon XL new in '04 and 225k miles later still have original OEM rotors. Replaced the original Akebono pads at 130k. They worked so well...I stuck with them.

Akebono's are on all my vehicles. They are easy on rotors, last a long time, don't squeak and stop when I need them to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk