Best rifle securing system for Kuiu

rman

FNG
I'm going to order one the kuiu icon pro 3200 for a day pack. What is the best system for securing a gun? I've never used a day pack much because they've always been in the way of my gun. I'm looking to change my ways, but I'd like the best way to have my gun ready

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
When I'm packing in I put it in one of the side pockets and use the straps to secure it to the pack. While I'm hunting I like the Kifaru universal gun bearer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The stone glacier weapon sling works very very well and keeps it behind your shoulder but still accessible quickly

I too really like the SG rifle sling system. It's worked great in everything from high alpine hunts to thick Kodiak stuff. The simplicity and quick deployment is great.

nphunter

WKR
It depends on the country, i think in the mountains and timber the Kifaru gun bearer is the ticket. I have packed my rifle on the pack barrel up and have got hung up on low hanging branches a lot. If you are going a long ways above tree line or in sage brush on your pack works well, the gun bearer is also very easy to access the rifle for a quick shot too.

bucko

FNG
I have the icon pro 3200 also and I simply hook the rifle sling over one of the top corners of the frame that sticks up and slides into the bag. It holds the rifle in place and you just have to lift it off and it is ready -It also puts the rifle weight on the frame, so it rides really good

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
Shove the buttstock into one of the open side pockets and use a side compression strap to secure it.

When I'm packing in I put it in one of the side pockets and use the straps to secure it to the pack. While I'm hunting I like the Kifaru universal gun bearer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the icon pro 3200 also and I simply hook the rifle sling over one of the top corners of the frame that sticks up and slides into the bag. It holds the rifle in place and you just have to lift it off and it is ready -It also puts the rifle weight on the frame, so it rides really good

Like these two and others said, just use the side pocket or the kifaru gun bearer. Kuiu sells (or did at one time) a rifle holder that goes on the back of the pack in the middle. I had one, and it kept the rifle centered up and down a little better than stuffing it in the side pocket.

Good luck!