Best Silencer for a 6XC

cmahoney

WKR
I am putting together a 6XC with a 22” proof barrel. It’s going to a fairly light weight rifle and that’s one of the things I’m looking for in a new silencer.

The TB ultra 7 is what I’m mainly looking at.

Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
Thought I was going to get a Tbac 7 until I compared it side by side with a dead air nomad Ti, I liked the ability to change end caps and it is right end there with the tbac size wise, I think tbac makes awesome stuff but I’d look at a few others as well

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have an Ultra 7 and loved it until my uncle shot a cow elk with @Formidilosus 6XC with a Hyperion K on it. Now I have can envy:). It's 3D-printed Ti and has a unique baffle stack.

160ca68c661485d456edb41e3e8b5404.jpg

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
I bought the TBAC in December, still waiting on the 90 day eform. No big deal, still waiting on my scope ordered in January and the smith still has my rifle.

Thanks for the input, I’ll have to get the K next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Interesting, what is special about it? Honest question, I’ve never heard anything about that can.

It's 3d printed which allows different/better gas pathways.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 10.21.35 PM.png

If you want to go down a rabbit hole go check out Pew Science.

TexasHTR

FNG
I’m liking my Hyp K. Ive been running it on a 6.5CM T3X. Also very low back pressure on my 16” 556 AR. Even using the normal end cap. I couldn’t find my brass as I was used to looking for them at 2 o’clock. Took my awhile until I realized it was ejecting them at 4-430.

I have a Hyperion K on order. For those who use them (@TexasHTR @Ryan Avery @Formidilosus), what mounting options did you go with, and/or what do you recommend on a light hunting barrel?

I have a T3X lite in 6.5cm (currently 24" unthreaded barrel). I may or may not need to rebarrel by the time I get it a year or so, so I'm looking at options (direct or adapter, and if direct, what to do about Hyperion's .735" muzzle diameter requirement for 90-degree shoulder, or whether to have a smith do the Sig taper, what prefit maker to consider vs supplying a barrel to a smith, etc).

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I have a Hyperion K on order. For those who use them (@TexasHTR @Ryan Avery @Formidilosus), what mounting options did you go with, and/or what do you recommend on a light hunting barrel?

I have a T3X lite in 6.5cm (currently 24" unthreaded barrel). I may or may not need to rebarrel by the time I get it a year or so, so I'm looking at options (direct or adapter, and if direct, what to do about Hyperion's .735" muzzle diameter requirement for 90-degree shoulder, or whether to have a smith do the Sig taper, what prefit maker to consider vs supplying a barrel to a smith, etc).

I direct thread them. Or an adapter up to 5/8-24mm, then direct thread. Have also used their muzzle devices. If you want to use your current barrel, send to Shane @Shooter71 to thread and get a muzzle adapter. Easy peasy.
If you get a new barrel, get it flared at the end, or get it in a larger diameter than have Shane turn it down (he loves doing it ;)) and then he’ll put the flare on the end.

T3 lite contour with the muzzle flare.
24FBA0D9-0C4D-42EB-9D73-F8497D7A553A.jpeg

TexasHTR

FNG

I chopped my t3x to 18” and threaded 5/8-24 and used the cgs adapter. Wish I didn’t need the adapter but the shoulder seems too small to use direct. It goes inside the taper of the can. In the future with new barrels I’ll do what @Formidilosus suggests above.

You will be quite happy with the TBAC or Dead Air Nomad TI.

I would advise against buying a dedicated 6mm can though, I have one (KGM R6) and I don’t think it makes any difference sound wise. That could be due to the KGM being a louder than normal can, but if I could do it again I would go .30 cal.